Most romantic movie of all time?

Eirene

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 04:07 pm
I'm sure there's been a topic like this before (maybe someone could give me the link, in that case) But which movie would be your pick?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 816 • Replies: 9
No top replies

mac11

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 05:02 pm
Here's a thread for you to check out:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55454

I have lots of favorites. It's hard to pick just one!
0 Replies

username

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 05:09 pm
The local PBS station ran it uncut, no commercials, again, a couple weeks ago, and I found myself hooked for the umpteenth time--an oldie but always a goodie, "Casablanca".

"Out of all the gin joints in all the world, she walks into mine..."
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 05:18 pm
Probably time for me to see Man and a Woman again.
Got sick of it, I saw it so many times the first go round.

Saw it once later, it had lost the magic.

I'm in a phase of reseeing old favorites, so maybe this goes on my list.

Will fix link and be back.

I give up, check a2k amazon on the A2K home page.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 05:39 pm
Geez, don't look Man and a Woman up on google. Best experienced freshly seen.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 05:44 pm
Sirens
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 05:44 pm
I watched 'Twelve Angry Men" for the first time the other night. I actually came in about 20 minutes into the movie, but what I did catch convinced me that this movie would have to be considered on of the best, if not the best, love stories of all time.
0 Replies

noinipo

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 06:04 pm
Oh how I wish I could conjure up and see again all the films with Alberto Sordi or Vittore Gassman. 'The Great War', 'The White Sheik', 'Everybody go home' or 'Big Deal on Madonna Street' among others.
They are so home grown, like Italian food, honest and unpretentious.
0 Replies

The Mighty Celestial

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 06:46 pm
Not my favorite genre, but there are some that I really enjoyed.

5. Ghost - I ain't 'fraid no ghost. Especially if it takes on the form of a dirty dancing roadhouser like Patrick Swayze. BTW, I think Demi Moore is one of the finest lookin' actresses ever.

4. Punch Drunk Love - Whoa whoa... wait a second....
A movie about the unforseeable strength & power that can result when two souls take the jump into the unfamiliar territory of following the map of the human heart ( a map whose directions only reveal themselves on a need to know basis) & it stars Adam Sandler, who actually acts in it?
And it's good?
The seventh seal hath been broken.

Repent.
Afore it's too late.

3. Casablanca - The classic of all classics.

2. Roman Holiday - 80% of the success of this movie's depiction of romance is just a result of Audrey Hepburn's presence, alone.

1. Bridges of Madison County - A truly romantic story of how the escapist fantasy high/feeling that initially results with falling in love must eventually be realistically dealt with as the conditions & responsibilities of one's current situation come quickly creeping back in. I once heard that, in the context of human history, couples pairing up for the sake of true love is still relatively young. We as a species over-all , have not evolved enough yet to be able to deal & accept each other in a manner that would be considered as unconditonal love ( which is the only real love). And it is because of this that the world population has yet been unable to formulate an effective means of discussion that would truly begin a process of unity between it's racial, social & gender factions. And maybe this is why so many of us make decisions more for the sake of security, emotionally as well as socially & financially . Decisions that may impede on our ability to follow our hearts & therefore sway us , individually and socially, from a path that would lead us to true love before it's too late.
0 Replies

VaneEnglish

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 01:56 pm
breakfast at tiffanys!
0 Replies