Un archive Outlook

zoofer

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 11:36 am
This may have been covered before here is my problem.

I use outlook 2000 with Home XP.
I had over 2900 emails in my Inbox. Then they started to vanish. Truncated by the devil. Finally I have none left. Zilch. Diddly squat.
I fiddled with Archive properties. Switched it to every 999 days, turned it off, prayed to Allah (PBUH) and switched to Thunderbird.
Googling "How to retrieve Archived emails" didn't work.
( I have only 2 functioning brain cells!) Smile

I searched for *.PST files. Nothing. Outlook says I have 2900 files in the bottom corner of the screen but they may have all been deleted?

Also Thunderbird sucks. It wont let me save WMV files. It does not have a Sent Box. Trying to create one is cruel and unusual punishment.
Anyone who can help will be named in my Will and I promise not just to pay my debts either! :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,823 • Replies: 3
No top replies

zoofer

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 10:31 am
I have one email in the Inbox.

2393 archived.

RIP.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 01:47 am
On outlook 2003 in the options dialog you can elect to have autoarchive simply delete email, in which case it can't be recovered. It also allows you to show the archive in your folder list, in which case they can be browsed and even copied or dragged to your Inbox. It also specifies the PST file to use so if you don't know where it is you can check there.

Now as to your settings not taking for you it could be that you did not apply the settings to the folders you want, the settings can differ from folder to folder. You can check the auto archive settings for a particular folder from the Properties option of its context menu (right click the folder and go to properties).
0 Replies

zoofer

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 01:28 pm
Thanks.

If there is a resurrection rest assured you will be named in my will!
:wink:
0 Replies