Why MUST I put the toilet seat down?

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 07:49 pm
aidan wrote:

Exactly. And in my house, I'm the one who actually scrubs the toilet and the bathtub and the shower and the sink and washes the dishes and cooks the food and does the laundry, etc. and so it seems to me that whatever male uses the toilet, could simply put the seat back down the way he found it. It's just kind of a matter of respect.
But actually it's never come up as an issue with any of the males I've ever lived with (in shared housing, etc.). I guess most of them were raised with sisters or something...because as I said, I thihk the habit is ingrained in boys who have a lot of females in their families- I was raised in a household where the ratio of females to males was 5:3- so that's just what I grew up expecting and my brothers grew up expecting to have to do.

But I don't think it should be a make or break issue- by any means- I can see both sides (and the whole lid idea- I've not only dropped keys in but have lost tooth and hair brushes that way as well).

Yup, yup, and yup.

I too have never really thought too much about the toilet seat though.
I just fix it the way I need it if it is left up..

But I get ya. Especially about the kids part..

but, I dunno about anyone elses kids... In my house, her hands are in her pants alot.
When diapers were around 24-7 she would often pull out the contents to show me what she had 'made' Confused
At this point, if she is touching the toilet seat and that is all, Im glad.

Losing things in the toilet?
ohhhhh lord.. for a while I was Cingulars best customer.
My cell phones, being in my pockets to be kept safe from jillian, often took a bath as I stood up.. ( nuf ' said )

BUT-
in a house where it is husband, wife and kids, every single communicable disease in the world is passed between everyone all the time. Through everything else...

so whats a little piss amongst family ?? Hmmm??? Laughing
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 04:24 am
If its Yellow let it mellow. If its brown flush it down.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:14 am
One of my old bosses use to say that Laughing
peter2305

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 03:20 pm
@Montana,
Just instal a urinal, then everyone's happy. Its fun to use and he can clean it.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 09:33 pm
@NickFun,
NickFun wrote:
Why MUST I put the toilet seat down?

To keep your dog or cat from drinking out of the bowl (and lid down, too!)! Mad
NickFun

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 04:28 pm
@Reyn,
I'm surprised this thread spang back to life after 3.5 years! The dog/cat scenario does not work as it's EVERY WOMAN who wants the seat down, even those who are petless!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 04:44 pm
@ossobuco,
I found that photo - me in the sink -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/ossobuco/Meinthesink229.jpg?t=1293835390

the dots are the grit on my scanner.
The dressing gown was from Aardvark, a used clothing place.
The kitchen was not private. Open to certain hours. Only my room mate was there, the bitch with the camera, but I was apparently ok with it.
I jest, she wasn't a bitch, but a pretty discerning woman over all. We argued all the time.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 04:55 pm
@ossobuco,
What I wonder, is what is that black doohicky to the right of me..
0 Replies

saab

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 06:01 pm
There are toilets which have lids that close automatically - don´t ask me if it is before or after you have finished.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 06:02 pm
@saab,
Well, there's a subtle response.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 06:08 pm
@ossobuco,
Sorry, Saab, I do get you were responding to earlier in the thread.
saab

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 01:51 am
@ossobuco,
I have neighbours who got a toilet like that - just in case they get dement and start forgetting to close the lid.
Isn´t there more important things to worry about in case you get dement????
ossobuco

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 02:20 am
@saab,
Yes, strange, plus watching the lid close.
saab

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 03:05 am
@ossobuco,
In the meantime you might remember to flush.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2011 01:56 pm
Osso, why were you peeing in the sink?
0 Replies

cherij46

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 01:44 am
@shewolfnm,
I call compromise when you want your clothes washed or supper made for you, you will put the seat down. It is called courtesy not equal rights. You pissed on the lid, you touch the lid to put it down, end of debate!
0 Replies

cherij46

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 01:47 am
Men should put the lid down. This issue is not compromisable, it is a matter of respect not equal rights. If men want equal rights, they can make half the meals, do half the laundry, watch the kids half the time, go to school fuctions, and women can get equal pay. Sounds fair to me!
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 02:59 am
in places where people have "pissed on the lid", there is no debate... though there should maybe be one on the usefulness of learning how to correctly use the restroom
0 Replies