0
   

Deliver Us From Evil - Christian Pedophilia

 
 
Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 04:59 pm
I just got finshed watching this movie, and I am astounded at the shear scope of sexual abuse committed by the Catholic church. The documentary says that over 100,000 cases of abuse have surfaced in the USA ALONE.

President Bush apparently gave immunity from prosecution to the current Pope who was accused of covering up allowing this abuse to continue.

How can anyone do this......
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,006 • Replies: 18
No top replies

 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 05:52 pm
So christian pedophilia is worse than non christian pedophilia because. . .?
0 Replies
 
maporsche
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 05:54 pm
neologist wrote:
So christian pedophilia is worse than non christian pedophilia because. . .?



The elaborate conspiracy to hide and almost enable it to happen/continue......and then the apologists and sweeping it under the rug.
0 Replies
 
maporsche
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 05:55 pm
maporsche wrote:
neologist wrote:
So christian pedophilia is worse than non christian pedophilia because. . .?



The elaborate conspiracy to hide and almost enable it to happen/continue......and then the apologists and sweeping it under the rug.


Oh, and complete lack of accountabilty, punishment, and prosecution.
0 Replies
 
maporsche
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 05:58 pm
neologist wrote:
So christian pedophilia is worse than non christian pedophilia because. . .?


And I don't recall ever saying that any pedophilia is worse than any other.....I'm astounded that the largest Church in the world allowed and continues to allow such horrors to happen.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 05:59 pm
maporsche wrote:
maporsche wrote:
neologist wrote:
So christian pedophilia is worse than non christian pedophilia because. . .?



The elaborate conspiracy to hide and almost enable it to happen/continue......and then the apologists and sweeping it under the rug.


Oh, and complete lack of accountabilty, punishment, and prosecution.
Well, I agree with you. How's that? But I can't see how the word 'christian' fits in.
0 Replies
 
maporsche
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 06:10 pm
neologist wrote:
maporsche wrote:
maporsche wrote:
neologist wrote:
So christian pedophilia is worse than non christian pedophilia because. . .?



The elaborate conspiracy to hide and almost enable it to happen/continue......and then the apologists and sweeping it under the rug.


Oh, and complete lack of accountabilty, punishment, and prosecution.
Well, I agree with you. How's that? But I can't see how the word 'christian' fits in.


Aren't Catholics christian? Am I missing something?
0 Replies
 
Joe Nation
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 06:34 pm
maporsche:

American Protestants only tolerate Catholics, you'll recall that for decades no Roman ever stood a chance at winning office outside of Boston. In recent years, the Catholic stance on abortion has put them inside the fringes of the Whole Gospel group, but there is still wide suspicion amongst the true immersion-baptised flocks that the Friday Fisheaters aren't really Christian. (All that 'Hoc est enim corpus meum' stuff.)

It is estimated that the Roman Catholic Church has now paid out more than a billion (with a B) dollars in compensation to the clergy's sexual victims. Any other sect would have been destroyed but a billion hardly scratches the loot received over the years, one dollar at a time, from billions of the clergy's victims of faith.

Joe(to say nothing of the money made from selling indulgences)Nation
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 06:50 pm
The point I was trying to make is that complicity in covering over an embarrassment is probably not limited to any particular group.
0 Replies
 
maporsche
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 06:52 pm
neologist wrote:
The point I was trying to make is that complicity in covering over an embarrassment is probably not limited to any particular group.


Well, I suppose not, but this is one glaring example of a huge amount of 'covering' on a pedophilia scale probably unheard of before.

Are you trying to 'sweep this under the rug'?
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 06:55 pm
maporsche wrote:
neologist wrote:
The point I was trying to make is that complicity in covering over an embarrassment is probably not limited to any particular group.


Well, I suppose not, but this is one glaring example of a huge amount of 'covering' on a pedophilia scale probably unheard of before.

Are you trying to 'sweep this under the rug'?
Not at all, I just don't think being a member of any group is a Prima-Facie cause of the problem
0 Replies
 
maporsche
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 07:02 pm
neologist wrote:
maporsche wrote:
neologist wrote:
The point I was trying to make is that complicity in covering over an embarrassment is probably not limited to any particular group.


Well, I suppose not, but this is one glaring example of a huge amount of 'covering' on a pedophilia scale probably unheard of before.

Are you trying to 'sweep this under the rug'?
Not at all, I just don't think being a member of any group is a Prima-Facie cause of the problem


I think it's quite possible that this particular group, and the natural tendencies it vilifies and suppresses may be the cause of this problem.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 07:20 pm
maporsche wrote:
neologist wrote:
maporsche wrote:
neologist wrote:
The point I was trying to make is that complicity in covering over an embarrassment is probably not limited to any particular group.


Well, I suppose not, but this is one glaring example of a huge amount of 'covering' on a pedophilia scale probably unheard of before.

Are you trying to 'sweep this under the rug'?
Not at all, I just don't think being a member of any group is a Prima-Facie cause of the problem


I think it's quite possible that this particular group, and the natural tendencies it vilifies and suppresses may be the cause of this problem.
Well, my own experience with a priest at age 10 would serve to validate your point. But he certainly was not being a Christian.
0 Replies
 
maporsche
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 06:14 am
Joe Nation wrote:
maporsche:

American Protestants only tolerate Catholics, you'll recall that for decades no Roman ever stood a chance at winning office outside of Boston. In recent years, the Catholic stance on abortion has put them inside the fringes of the Whole Gospel group, but there is still wide suspicion amongst the true immersion-baptised flocks that the Friday Fisheaters aren't really Christian. (All that 'Hoc est enim corpus meum' stuff.)

It is estimated that the Roman Catholic Church has now paid out more than a billion (with a B) dollars in compensation to the clergy's sexual victims. Any other sect would have been destroyed but a billion hardly scratches the loot received over the years, one dollar at a time, from billions of the clergy's victims of faith.

Joe(to say nothing of the money made from selling indulgences)Nation



Joe, what you post may be quite true, but I find it awfully convienient and apologetic if Christian's do indeed believe it.

No one has any problems including Catholics when talking about the number of Christians in the world. Every single current day slice of Christianity owes their existence to Catholicism, who by the will of the sword expanded and fought for Christianity for the last 2000 years.

Catholics are the first Christians, they wrote/translated the bible. If their religion/existence is suspect to Christians today then the bible has to be equally open to questioning and infallability.
0 Replies
 
Tico
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 06:27 am
Quote:
Catholics are the first Christians, they wrote/translated the bible.


Uh ... Eastern Orthodox, Coptic and probably some other early sects may disagree, there.

Sorry, that wasn't on topic. Of course it's disgusting when any large system betrays the trust of its constituents, especially when they are defenceless children.
0 Replies
 
Joe Nation
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 07:07 am
I think there is an equalvilancy to Hate Crimes here.

If we can assert as a society, and we do, that an assault on someone becomes a greater offense when the motive for the assault is prejudice and hate and is thereby a hate crime, how can we then not say that the crime of sexually assaulting a child becomes a greater crime when it is committed by someone holding a so-called sacred office?

Isn't the tear in the social fabric greater when a person whose very job it is to inspire faith in the unseen so recklessly and abhorrently defiles both his faith and the innocence of a child. It's an assault on trust.

And if the perpetrators in these cases all shared the Christian faith and used it to facilitate their access to their victims, why shouldn't we call it Christian Pedophilia?

Those believers who are more than willing to accept the accolades poured upon them for being a member of spiritually pious ought to accept the responsibility for what unquestioning faith can lead to.

Joe(share the grace, share the disgrace)Nation
0 Replies
 
I Stereo
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 09:02 am
The word Christian is Justified by the fact that there has been a systematic effort by the Church to cover it up.

This means that if you are a pedophile, you are at less risk if you are a part of the catholic church.

Christians, act like it is so easy to cut off dead limbs and pretend the body is whole.
0 Replies
 
maporsche
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 09:54 am
And the US government is helping the Pope himself get away with this cover up.

The Pope.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169909,00.html
0 Replies
 
I Stereo
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 09:58 am
Fox news at that. Fair and balenced? How aout surprized. lol. Laughing
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

700 Inconsistencies in the Bible - Discussion by onevoice
Why do we deliberately fool ourselves? - Discussion by coincidence
Spirituality - Question by Miller
Oneness vs. Trinity - Discussion by Arella Mae
give you chills - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence for Evolution! - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence of God! - Discussion by Bartikus
One World Order?! - Discussion by Bartikus
God loves us all....!? - Discussion by Bartikus
The Preambles to Our States - Discussion by Charli
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Deliver Us From Evil - Christian Pedophilia
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/20/2021 at 09:13:21