Let's Talk About the Baddest Mofo Ever to Play the Game

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 08:10 am
Let's talk about Dock Ellis.

http://www.snopes.com/sports/baseball/ellis.asp

I'll admit, I first knew him as "the guy who pitched a no-hitter on LSD," and in fact was probably stoned when I first learned his name--it was that kind of conversation.

But upon reading up, I now know he was an all around baddass with a thouroughly competitive attitude. He retired before I was born, and I regret I never got to see him pitch.

Because nowadays, it seems, any slightly charismatic or colorful athlete attracts attention for the wrong reasons--usually just for the sake of attention. Like an ego thing.

So let's honor Dock Ellis, badass mofo.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 3,573 • Replies: 12
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 08:24 am
Wow. Having had a college roommate who took all his finals while tripping, and me having talked to him all during that day and not knowing he was tripping until he told me, I believe the LSD story.

You da man, Dock.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 03:48 pm
@Gargamel,
"Let's Talk About the Baddest Mofo Ever to Play the Game"

http://awesomefunnyclever.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Ty-Cobb.jpg
"Yes?"
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2011 09:58 am
I believe Mr. Cobb holds the title of "Meanest Sumbitch Ever to Log 4000 Hits and 800 Stolen Bases."
Roberta

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2011 11:16 am
@Gargamel,
Gotta go with Cobb when it comes to mofohood. Also not a bad player.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 09:49 pm
Wonderful. Suck my dick.
kickycan

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 09:57 pm
Suck it, pig!

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/1922/koolaiddickhead.jpg
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:09 am
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

Wonderful. Suck my dick.

Now I look like an asshole because that spambot's post was removed. And also because I actually am an asshole.
wandeljw

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:38 am
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

Gargamel wrote:

Wonderful. Suck my dick.

Now I look like an asshole because that spambot's post was removed. And also because I actually am an asshole.

I can testify that there was a spam post immediately after Roberta's post. Gargamel was yelling at a spammer, but the spammer's post was deleted by a moderator. I hope that nobody thought Garg was referring to them.
joefromchicago

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 11:49 am
@wandeljw,
I just thought he wanted people to suck his dick. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 12:03 pm
I was always amazed because that mean sumbitch Ty Cobb, who didn't have a good word for anyone, including his mother, said that Joe Jackson was the greatest natural hitter who ever lived. He said you could be in the locker room, and hear the crack of the bat, and you knew Shoeless Joe had lined another one . . .
joefromchicago

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 12:24 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I was always amazed because that mean sumbitch Ty Cobb, who didn't have a good word for anyone, including his mother, said that Joe Jackson was the greatest natural hitter who ever lived.

Well, to be fair, Joe Jackson never shot Ty Cobb's father to death. You can't say that about Ty Cobb's mother.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 01:33 pm
There is that . . . Joe was always a nice guy . . .
0 Replies