Hopkins/Magic

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 03:16 am
About 15 years ago I watched a few minutes of a film which has had a lasting/disturbing effect on me ever since.Not too sure of the storyline but Hopkin's character is kind of taken over by a demonic ventriloquist dummy.
I have since found out this film is called Magic, it was on TV the other night and I taped it.

I can see it being a film classic, but basically, Im scared to watch it.
Should I watch it or not?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 771 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 03:28 am
This is a horror movie, if that type of film is not your taste, don't watch it. However if you have a secret urge to view it, why not watch it with a friend and feel more comfortable in doing so.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 03:51 am
I was in my early teens when I originally saw a bit of it.
Since then ive been ok with horror but the last copule of years Ive turned into a woos and get scared at anything.
Slept with a pair of scissors within reach of my bead for 6 months after watching Blair Witch!!

Doubt any of my friends would take me seriously enough to watch it with me.Il have to watch it on a nice sunny morning so I have time to get over it.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 03:58 am
It was based on a book by William Goldman, who also wrote "The Princess Bride." You might want to find the books. They're very clever.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 04:14 am
Oh my friend loves the Princess Bride(as in the film)is it the same thing?Very different feel to both!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 04:28 am
Magic is nothing like Princess Bride. I thought Magic was more creepy than scary. But I have a high tolerance for such things. If you thought the Blair Witch Project was scary (I thought it was dull as dirt), maybe you shouldn't watch this.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 04:32 am
Hehe.My friend had to explain the ending of Blair witch to me.If he hadnt i wouldnt have found it scary!
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 04:55 am
Roberta wrote:
Magic is nothing like Princess Bride. I thought Magic was more creepy than scary. But I have a high tolerance for such things. If you thought the Blair Witch Project was scary (I thought it was dull as dirt), maybe you shouldn't watch this.

I agree with Roberta 100%.
But try watching it with a friend ?!??
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 05:46 am
[quote="material girl"]Doubt any of my friends would take me seriously enough to watch it with me.[/quote]

Isn't that what friends are for?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 05:59 am
Roberta wrote:
If you thought the Blair Witch Project was scary (I thought it was dull as dirt), maybe you shouldn't watch this.

Roberta- You beat me to it. I was thinking the exact same thing, before I read your post. Recently, there was a thread about boring movies, and I posted Blair Witch as the leader of that pack.

material girl- If you found Blair Witch scary, if I were you, I would pass
"Magic" by!
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 06:28 am
My copy of TBWP has been used as a coaster since I first wasted my time watching this over-hyped load of old rubbish.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 01:51 am
I taped over it, so thats that sorted.
0 Replies