[answered] Members threatening idenity disclosure

martybarker

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 07:07 pm
You can never be too careful
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 09:46 pm
I think Snoopy is jealous. All he has is aviator goggles.

http://www.earlyaviator.com/archive/images3/Snoopy.gif
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 04:06 am
We do not expose your email address or any other information about you. So, no, despite a lot of talk (which will probably either be overly vehemently denied or an attempt will be made to pass it off as a joke or the poster will claim that no one understands some sort of vague and unstated deeper meaning, or that poster's utter lack of information will be alluded to in some even vaguer manner with the old saw about keeping that poster's word and/or somehow allegedly protecting your privacy which is clearly nothing but a clumsy attempt at bluffing), that person cannot get your personal information, unless you have shared it. And you may have, so keep that in mind.

But I do want to point out something about the opposite (and my apologies for the tangent, but I think it's related to the overall issue of 'net privacy).

The Moderating Team is not in the business of saving members from embarrassing posts and topics they've made, unless there is a clear violation of our Terms of Use.

Members must use common sense and a little creativity in the particulars of their postings, Use pseudonyms or initials instead of names. Change genders if necessary. Avoid identifying details. Vent if you wish, but remember your targets have a right to privacy and that you may in fact be compromising your own privacy.

You all may already know this, but it bears repeating. This is the Internet. What looks private is far, far from it. It's out there. Anyone can read it. And it's often out there forever, as even after a site is taken down there can be a cached page in Google. Therefore, prudence is highly recommended.

Without exception, requests for post or topic removal must be made through the Help Desk.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 04:20 am
Wait a minute. You mean your real name isn't Marty Barker??

wow. That changes everything.

Joe(I feel so used)Nation
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 04:35 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Wait a minute. You mean your real name isn't Marty Barker??
wow. That changes everything.
Joe(I feel so used)Nation

Its probably fido or flopsy or something equally unimaginative. I mean whoever heard of a small white dog wearing a red stripy top and sunglasses called Marty Baker, I mean I'm surprised you were taken in by that old ruse.

Just trying to help edgar.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 07:33 am
dadpad wrote:
Marty Baker

I kept reading that way, too, for the longest time. Go back and read the name a little more carefully....
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 07:43 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2310183#2310183
0 Replies