FA Cup Final 2007

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 04:36 am
Should be a good game. Your comments/moans (ecstatic or otherwise) here please.

(For those of you just joining planet earth, its between Manchester United and Chelsea at the recently opened new Wembley Stadium London, England)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,911 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Ashers

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 11:28 am
Chelsea won after extra time through Drogba for anyone else interested. I thought it was a shame United tried to match Chelsea formation wise, playing the one up front to win the midfield battle I guess. It looked as if United tried to do that against Milan away and I remember them trying this when Van Nistelrooy was still there, doesn't seem to work too well for them though, just from a non Man United fan perspective. Rooney seemed to be the most exciting player on the pitch by a long way. There was talk of the pitch being poor, the heat and end of season tiredness, shame.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 11:33 am
Thanks Ashers

I see this thread has set the a2k world alight.

Never mind everyone, back to sleep.

(I agree the pitch and the end of a long old season for both teams was not conducive to a good game)

And even worse result from my point of view.

Aparantly 1,000,000,000 watched it. 23 were awake to see Chelsea score.
0 Replies

Ashers

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 12:31 pm
Commiserations Steve. I have to admit I was struggling towards the end though! It would have been interesting to see how Chelsea would have handled the penalties after they looked very shaky against Liverpool in the semi's of the champions league. I wonder what Mourinho and Drogba running off down the tunnel as soon as the whistle went was all about? Looked like Mourinho was having another whine regarding the time added on too. Laughing
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 12:41 pm
I turned the telly off the moment the final whistle blew so I didnt see any of the Mourhinio/Drogba shenninagins.

I'm just pleased for the dog.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 01:51 pm
Drogba was going for a pee I think.

The pitch was a bit heavy, and both teams looked jaded too, short of ideas and energy.

I thought United shaded it, but am quite happy Chelsea won.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 01:29 pm
McTag wrote:

The pitch was a bit heavy, and both teams looked jaded too, short of ideas and energy.

Well it was a pretty meaningless competition anyway. Utd only played for the spirit of the game.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 03:51 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
McTag wrote:

Well it was a pretty meaningless competition anyway. Utd only played for the spirit of the game.

Hee hee. Did you see the look on Giggs' face when he went up for his loser's medal?

Or on Sralex's?

Fair play though, losing should hurt. I'm not mocking that.

I write only as a non-aligned City supporter. :wink:
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 07:12 am
McTag wrote:

Hee hee. Did you see the look on Giggs' face when he went up for his loser's medal?

Or on Sralex's?

Fair play though, losing should hurt. I'm not mocking that.

I write only as a non-aligned City supporter. :wink:
Non-aligned City supporter Laughing (No I didnt see the look on Gigg's face...switched off the tv at the sound of the final whistle and started sulking...)
0 Replies