Did Jerry Falwell go to heaven?

neologist

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 01:23 am
Did Jerry go to heaven?

As I said on the other thread:

I'd go along with Solomon on this:
"For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 9: 5,6)

Jerry's just dead. Plain old dead.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 05:50 am
He is in exactly the same place where we will all be when we die. If we want to wax rhapsodic, we might say that his remains have entered the cosmic flow, and that his innards have become one with the universe.

He is in exactly the same place as a pile of horseshit, and a discarded Betamax.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 11:01 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
He is in exactly the same place where we will all be when we die. If we want to wax rhapsodic, we might say that his remains have entered the cosmic flow, and that his innards have become one with the universe.

He is in exactly the same place as a pile of horseshit, and a discarded Betamax.
Don't you have to recycle Betamax? I'd be afraid to recycle Jerry.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 11:08 am
Something tells me he's floating on a giant torilla chip in a nacho cheese swimming pool, getting a b.j. from an angel with a southern accent--a flight attendant in life, most likely.

That's just how things seem to work.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 12:33 am
If his christianity was "true" then he is in heaven (unless he thought he was evil, which I doubt).

If someone else's christianity is "true" then he could be in either heaven, hell or just dead.

If something else is "true" then he could be somewhere or something else again. Perhaps he's been reborn into a gay muslim liberal communist family.

My money says he's fertilizer.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 05:29 am
Eorl wrote:
My money says he's fertilizer.

What's he growing? crabgrass???? Laughing
0 Replies