Keyboard won't repeat keys

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:06 am
My keyboard (Microsoft Office Keyboard) suddenly refuses to type duplicate letters, E.g. to type "letters" I have to type "let" then go forward a space, back up a space and type the second "t" to form "letters". The same problem ocurs with Backspace, Enter, and Delete: the only way I can delete more than one letter is to delete one, back up a space, delete the next, and so on. To use Enter for more than one line I have to start typing the line, back up, and hit Enter again. Backspace has the same problem.

This isn't a A2K or email problem, but a keyboard one; it hapens no matter where or what I'm typing.

Can anyone help?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,374 • Replies: 2
No top replies

parados

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:15 am
Have you tried restarting your computer?

It could be a driver issue that simply restarting will fix itself.

I don't think it would be the keyboard itself since the keyboard is basically a switch that tells the computer which key is being pressed. The OS decides based on how long the key is pressed to repeat the key or not. But with the new smart keyboards it could be a keyboard issue. If restarting doesn't fix it, I would try a different keyboard if you have one.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:45 am
Keyboard won't repeat keys
Okay, Parados! Restarting did the trick - don't know why I didn't think of that; it's usually the first thing I try. Thanks.
0 Replies