No Clemency For Paris Hilton

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 08:56 am
Re: No Clemency For Paris Hilton
mcho2k wrote:
Please join the thousands of Americans who have signed a petition in order to keep the judgement against Paris Hilton!

http://www.petitiononline.com/ph123/petition.html

And please by all means discuss what you think!

Jailing her is a waste of money.

The court shud suspend the sentence
on condition that she hire a chauffer.
David
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 09:01 am
there is a certain logic to what our phonetic friend says.... how about she be forced to hire a chauffeur at her own expense for one year and then also be forced to produce a video, again at her own expense, of her being gang raped by lesbian inmates as she would have been, sell it on the internet and donate all the profits to M.A.D.D. ?

This is a win win.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 09:04 am
Setanta wrote:
She might redeem her place in history
if she were to agree to a public execution.

That her sentence be executed in public ?

a radical jurisprudential departure

He wants us to install glass walls in the jail ?
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 06:20 pm
From the L.A. Times:

The Paris Hilton prison diaries
By John Kenney

DAY 1: Arrived late Sunday night. So tired. Asked if I could check into my room immediately. Quite possibly the rudest concierge I have ever met. I told him he was fired. Not the effect I'd hoped for. And no, I did not register under the name "Little Miss Whore." What kind of hotel forces you to strip and delouse (maybe Marriott?). Although instead of a robe I got a fabulous orange jumpsuit with a cute number on it. Nothing to do at night. I'm told (as there was, like, no information in my room) that there is no bar or lounge area. I wish I'd brought flats.

Day 2: My room is insane! TINY! How is it even possible that I got a room without any view? A tiny stainless steel toilet. There is an incredibly thin mattress. If I didn't know I was in prison I'd think I was in an Ian Schrager hotel.

Day 3: So that's what a bitch slap is. Wow. Just … wow. MUST remember not to make that sarcastic face again anytime soon.

Day 5: Gandhi went to prison. So did Martin Luther King Jr. So did Robert Downey Jr. and Martha Stewart Jr. and I think Nelson Mandela Jr. Mandela was imprisoned for, like, 50 years or something for being black and also for driving an uninsured vehicle, if I'm reading Wikipedia correctly. Nicky often mentions me and Gandhi and how incredibly thin we both are and how she wonders if he used bronzer.

Day 5, shortly before lights out: Must remember not to complain about lights out. Hope mother can contact a good dentist, as the whistling from where the tooth is missing is embarrassing as well as annoying.

Several of us were talking after the movie tonight ("The Shawshank Redemption") and one gal posed a question to the group: Would you crawl to freedom through a sewer pipe, like Tim Robbins' character did? I would have answered "no" but was unfortunately bound and gagged (practical jokes are big in prison).

Day 7: Mail today. One piece. A small note from Nicky that was actually a Xerox of a text message that her assistant put a stamp on and mailed. She wrote, "Ya know that band from a long time ago, 10,000 Maniacs? There were only, like, five people in that band."

Day 9: What is time? How do we measure it? What does it mean? I find these questions on my mind more and more, especially since someone stole my Audemars Piguet watch. Shame.

Day 10Day 11: Jayne Mansfield spoke five languages. She was a concert-level pianist. Marilyn Monroe was a Formula One race car driver. Twiggy built her own home, raised guinea fowl and invented penicillin. Eleanor Roosevelt patented commercial air travel. And yet all of us played a role, the blond bimbo, the ditzy, fun-loving "party girl." Roosevelt especially. But what's to say I couldn't be the first person to walk on the moon or be the first woman to go to college?

Day 14: Yeats writes that the falcon cannot hear the falconer. What the hell? Is the falcon listening to a, like, falcon iPod or something? Also, what if the falcon was deaf? Did the falconer ever think of that? Also why "gyre?" Why not just say "swirling vortex?"

Day 18: This "Jesus Christ" was an amazing guy. It's so sad he died so young.

Day 19: While walking in the yard today, I was put in the mind of Rilke's "Requiem for a Friend." "For somewhere an ancient enmity exists between our life and the great works we do." This, I feel, is my plight. My life is in a constant struggle with my works: my "works" being staying out late and buying stuff. Also the word "enmity" is a hard one and looks misspelled to me.

Day ??: I have stopped counting the days. I live in the now.

What is freedom? It's not free, that's for sure. It's "free" with "dom." And that seems right to me. I feared prison once. I see it now as a great gift. Once, I wondered if I would have to wait in a chow line. Is there a way around the chow line, I wondered? A kind of "chow bouncer," a chow doorman I might smile at as I breeze past on my way to steamed broccoli and fried bologna? How funny to think back. Because there is a chow bouncer. And her name is Brick. And she hates me.

Joy is like steam from the kettle that the Mexican servants used to make me tea in the kitchen, wherever that was located in my former home.

Lately I'm identifying with the Jews and all the horrible things that happened to them during Vietnam.

Brick said to me today, "Ya know, I stayed in a Marriott once. And truth be told, I'd rather stay in prison."

We both laughed. And then she beat me up.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 06:25 pm
Always did like the LA Times...
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 08:32 pm
Re: No Clemency For Paris Hilton
mcho2k wrote:
Please join the thousands of Americans who have signed a petition in order to keep the judgement against Paris Hilton!

http://www.petitiononline.com/ph123/petition.html

And please by all means discuss what you think!

The court shud have suspended sentence
on condition that she hire a chauffer.

Waste of jail space;
WHO feels threatened by Paris Hilton ?
David
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 08:38 pm
Yawn. I couldn't care less about Paris Hilton, but I think it's a reasonable expectation that everyone be treated the same under the law, whether they be rich or poor.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 08:46 pm
There are some interesting jurisdictional issues, for people in LA anyway.
I'm not interested in explaining it all, but will come back and post a link if I run across it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 09:10 pm
OK, after some struggle through a morass of google links, I found it.

Here's the legal story that interests me and some other Los Angelenos -
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-paris9jun09,0,6722749,full.story
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 09:29 pm
Yes, very interesting, osso.:

.... Jeffries, the assistant city attorney, and legal experts said Friday that because Baca cited Hilton's medical condition rather than overcrowding as the reason for her release, the sheriff did not have legal standing to let her go. It remains unclear whether the judge would have ordered Hilton back to jail had Baca cited overcrowding as the reason.

"It seems like the sheriff deciding independently to release Paris Hilton is an abuse of his authority," said UCLA law professor Sharon Dolovich.

However, Baca routinely releases inmates early because of jail overcrowding, and judges have not challenged those actions. If L.A. County Superior Court ever challenged Baca on his larger early release policy, "it would be an interesting clash of judicial power," Dolovich said.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 10:13 pm
This was all one big fat stupid joke. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 10:30 pm
I think I may know what Hell will be like. Sitting in an airport, sitting in an uncomforatable chair and watching CNN bubble heads prattle on about Pais Hilton. I thought about giving up drinking and smoking and thought about becoming a monk.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 11:54 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
...I thought about giving up drinking and smoking and thought about becoming a monk.

Let's not go overboard now, rjb! :wink:
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 05:10 am
realjohnboy wrote:
I think I may know what Hell will be like. Sitting in an airport, sitting in an uncomforatable chair and watching CNN bubble heads prattle on about Pais Hilton. I thought about giving up drinking and smoking and thought about becoming a monk.

U know that archeologists have FOUND Hell.

It is a ravine, just outside of Jerusalem.
Apparently, it was used as a garbage dump
a few millenia ago, and ofen had a lot of fires consuming refuse.
It allegedly was also used for human sacrifice.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 07:52 am
LOL I ALMOST BELIEVE THAT!
0 Replies

tiddy

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 04:02 pm
i live in england and even here we are sick of hearing about paris hilton. she broke the law and should pay the price like anyone else would.
0 Replies