Men: What kind of smell do you like women to wear?

spendius

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 07:22 am
Chai wrote-

Quote:
I told him I still remembered a gift of jewelry I got when I turned 13 because it was "grown up" and I appreciated the giver realized I wasn't a baby.

I sure am glad I didn't fall under the influence of anyone who thought I was grown up at 13. One might end up etoliated like forced rhubarb. The last thing anybody needs is to be grown up. It's bad enough when it happens without some twit bringing it forward in a gesture of loving kindness and virtuous generosity and especially when they seem to prefer you smelling of an industrial process to your natural smell. They brew scent in vats. It's only the little false bottomed bottles and the discreet price tags that look pretty.

It sure is snowing hard.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 10:24 am
They brew something else in vats that you're apparantly much more familiar with.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 10:42 am
Yes- but it's a food and thus under careful control by the Food Standards Agency which has a staff who drink it themselves.

We have none of this-

Quote:
Fragrance chemistry is an extremely complex science and art. It is a highly specialized field and there is limited information available outside of the fragrance industry. There are over 5000 chemicals and materials used in the fragrance industry. A fragrance formula may contain as few as 10 or as many as several hundred. One fragrance is reported to have 600 different ingredients.

Many things have to be considered when formulating a fragrance. Compatibility of materials used have to be taken into account. The material that is being fragranced also plays an important role as products which have extremes in pH are difficult to perfume. Some fragrance materials will melt plastics and lead to leaking so the material the product is contained in must also be considered. Once the physical aspects of the perfuming process is worked out the resulting scent has to be aesthetically pleasing.

Safety of fragrance materials is also of concern. Entry points for fragrance chemicals into the body include the skin, the lungs, ingestion, and olfactory pathways. Fragrance materials are volatile by nature and play a role in the chemistry of indoor air. Concern for safety and health effects of the chemicals used in fragrances extends beyond the user.

Scents are mainly various types of esters and polyesters I gather.

Beer drinkers know what they are buying.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 10:56 am
Yes, I've know many people who have died as result of overindulgence in perfume. Rolling Eyes

spendius, if you don't like perfume, why are you on a thread asking what men like? You've already answered on your part.

Are you on some sort of campaign to convince people not use use scent?

Wait, don't answer that...your answers seldom make sense anyway.

What's the deal with "snow"?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 11:07 am
It does occasionally snow in Texas, although i believe that would be restricted to Big Bend National Park. I believe snow is forbidden in Austin, by city ordinance, n'est-ce pas?
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 11:14 am
(Snow job)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 11:35 am
Chai wrote-

Quote:
Are you on some sort of campaign to convince people not use use scent?

Yes. Why not. It stinks.

I like the natural smell of women. It is an indicator and a valuable one. Scent is designed to lead us poor men off the scent. If a woman stinks bad she ought to do something about it.

Perfume is a sort of invisible Hijab. It's a lie.

We are on a science thread.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 11:35 am
If smells like fish, it's a dish.
If it smells like cologne, leave it alone.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 11:36 am
I'll second that.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 11:39 am
All in favor, say "Oy."
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 12:21 pm
Setanta wrote:
It does occasionally snow in Texas, although i believe that would be restricted to Big Bend National Park. I believe snow is forbidden in Austin, by city ordinance, n'est-ce pas?

(chai sniffing her wrist)

I wouldn't know about such things....

I have people who take care of that.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 12:29 pm
Well, have your people look into that, will ya? You can have your girl call my girl and we'll do lunch . . .
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 04:39 pm
(Snort)...

I showed my husband this thread, and after reading spendi's take on all this, he said...

"Sounds like that guy is just a cheap bastard."
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 05:08 pm
That's true. I'm not just cheap. I'm free.
0 Replies

markr

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 11:47 pm
vanilla
0 Replies