Men: What kind of smell do you like women to wear?

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 06:05 am
A recent research by Mark Kristal, University of Buffalo's psychologist, showed that smell is one of the most important external stimuli (not to mention the internal ones) that leads one to fancy another. I am also sort of into researching this, and as part of my project, I would like to know what kind of smell really appeals to men? Roses? Sharp smells? If you invited a woman over, what smell would you like her to wear?

I know men's choices vary greatly, but I am just trying to figure out a "general" favorite.

Thanks!

Source: http://www.physorg.com/news90509995.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 19,729 • Replies: 54
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 06:25 am
sex.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 06:28 am
i love a light smell that sort of "escalates" the longer your around her, usually a fruity scent or something a little more intense, but never drowning or musky. fruit smells are great though, peach is the most recent one i like, i feel almost addicted to it but i havent asked her what brand it is.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 06:34 am
Wow, fruits!

Actually, I've heard a lot of guys say that! Thanks, OGIONIK!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 06:49 am
Fear.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 06:52 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Fear.

we should market a fragrance Slap... a hybrid of ass, fear, abject terror and total disgust.

Call it "Wednesday"
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 07:43 am
Some of you might find this interesting:

http://psychologytoday.com/articles/index.php?term=pto-19960301-000030&page=1
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 07:50 am
Perfume isn't that important. It's nice, but can also be annoying if a woman wears too much. Honestly, appearance and behavior have a greater effect.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 08:03 am
this might explain why i have never felt a big attraction to white girls, i have almost every european bloodline in me, but no black/hispanic/asian etc.

But when im around a group of dark skinned girls(filipina for example) i feel almost euphoric. this could be related to that.

Or it could be something else..

interesting read!
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 08:05 am
Yeah, but I'm focusing on artificial smells etc. So far, to me, natural-smelling perfumes seem to be in.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 08:10 am
I don't know, I'm just a guy...but I like a fragrance that I can only smell when I am close enough to be kissing her neck.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 08:32 am
Fish . . . women should smell like fish . . . preferably fresh fish . . .
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 08:36 am
Blood and tears.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 08:46 am
stuh505 wrote:
I don't know, I'm just a guy...but I like a fragrance that I can only smell when I am close enough to be kissing her neck.

Hmm, I didn't think about that. Point to be noted.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 09:07 am
Mr. B likes the way I smell right after I mow the lawn so I guess "grass and sweat" would be his choice.

Or maybe he just likes it that I mow the lawn.

Interesting thread!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 09:24 am
Hey ladies, I just got a new necklace with my initials hanging from my neck in 18K gold, driving my freshly waxed IROC-Z, and am sporting some Drakkar Noir....who's game?
0 Replies

Quincy

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 10:39 am
A sweet smell, but not too strong.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 02:22 pm
Barbeque and Beer

Rap
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 02:30 pm
Settin' Aah-aah wrote-

Quote:
preferably fresh fish . . .

Bourgeois Big Girl's Blouse.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 02:58 pm
stuh505 wrote:

Good perfumes express themselves in a series of notes, called Top, Middle and Base.

The top note, which is what you smell when the woman first puts on perfume, may not be the most appealing, and may in fact seem like a little too much, but, it is the level that, when you first spray it on, catches your attention, and to me is more of a phychological thing. Kind of a "I just did something nice for myself and put on some perfume"

The top note evaporates rather quickly, leaving the middle note to present itself. It's the main body of a perfume, and lasts an hour or two, depending on wear it's applied, and the heat of that body part.

As that scent evaporates, the woman is left with the heaviest scent, the base molecules clinging to her, which may last hours. THAT my dear stuh, is what you are smelling when you nuzzle a womans neck after an evening out.

I apply my perfume after I kiss my husband good bye, and right before I'm walking out the door, as he doesn't like the top note of my perfume, but likes the middle and base. By the time I get to work, the scent has matured, and by the time I get home, it's very mellow.

I think a mistake some woman make is applying more perfume as soon as they can't smell it on themselves, not realizing others can.

If you're going to reapply, do so in mid afternoon.

spidergal, to help the guys describe what they particularly like in a womans scent, I'd refer them to a Fragrance Wheel. That might help.

http://www.fabulousfragrances.com/images/color%20wheel.jpg
0 Replies