Mathos Room For The Insane

jennym

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 08:46 am
I guess it doesn't surprise me. It's this part in particular that rather disgusts me.
Mathos wrote:
they are aware it's not my job to make myself a brew.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 08:48 am
How can it be disgusting Jenny.. It's not their or your job to chop up a dead tree for firewood is it?

Are you being silly or serious?
0 Replies

jennym

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 08:54 am
100% Serious.

If, at four o'clock in the morning, I had the need for chopped firewood, I would chop it myself rather than wake someone up to do it. I understand that people have grown accustomed to typical gender stereotypes and I understand the reasons why they came about, but I cannot understand people who are unbending in their definitions of these roles.
And I'm not picking on you. Some of my aunts and uncles elicit the same response from me.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 02:43 pm
Sometimes when I take a walk through the valley, and come within a couple of hundred feet of the duck pond, they all start quacking, it doesn't mean anything at all, they simply want to add their bit.

That's what you're doing Jenny, pointless quacking, you don't have a valid reason to quack about aunts, uncles or me. We all have our ways!

Why should any of us be unbending as you delicately put it?

I might ask if you have somebody to chop firewood for you at any time, if you haven't then you chop your own, if you can, or else you buy it ready chopped.

I can't see you lifting any of the logs I lift and place on a chopping block which is the base of a very old elm tree, swing a large splitting axe and getting it all ready to put on the fire.

It's as daft or even dafter, than asking me to make myself a cup of tea, when it's a job my wife does. With style and eloquence by the way. If I am returning home from anywhere, I always phone her from the car to tell her to get the kettle on at the right time, she loves it.

Do you know how to make the perfect cup of tea to order?
0 Replies

jennym

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 08:50 pm
You know, I am simply stating my opinion. Since it has been working for you for decades to have these notions of proper roles for men and women, so be it.

I "quack" at my family members not for their sake, but for my cousins and their children. Because I think that, eventually, it would be nice for people NOT automatically to define their wife's position within the household as "she who waits upon her husband".

And don't get me wrong. I absolutely understand that some women prefer that role. I just think that it ought to be chosen on an individual basis, and not expected on a global one.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 12:00 am
Sorry to interrrupt this very serious conversation but I have one question for you jenny, are you another Germaine Greer? In case you don't know her, she is an Australian Female Activist, here are some of her comments:

English culture is basically homosexual in the sense that the men only really care about other men.

Even crushed against his brother in the Tube the average Englishman pretends desperately that he is alone.

Evolution is what it is. The upper classes have always died out; it's one of the most charming things about them.
0 Replies

jennym

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 04:56 am
I especially like this one:
Quote:
Even crushed against his brother in the Tube the average Englishman pretends desperately that he is alone.

Well, Dutchy, yes and no.
Yes, in that:
There are very few women who would disagree that we live in a unjustly patriarchical global atmosphere. And I believe that it is ridiculous to try to maintain that shift of power, since there was never a solid basis for it.

But, no, in that:
-I don't really go out to speeches and rallies and all that.
-I rather like my bra.
and,
-I am totally opposed to female genital mutilation.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 05:03 am
Thank you for that explanation Jenny, I think from that answer I can deduce you are a pretty straight forward woman with modern ideas, one who takes as good as she gives, I salute you.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 10:35 am
What size bra do you wear Jenny?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 10:45 am
A couple other A2K'ers said I lost my mind, so I'm just checking to see if they stole it and hid it in here.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 10:50 am
You can find anything you want, in Alices Restaurant..

Can you describe your mind cjhsa?

We don't want to give you the wrong one back, do we?
0 Replies

jennym

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 07:41 pm
Mathos wrote:
What size bra do you wear Jenny?

Lol.... Laughing
WOW...You are an incorrigible ass...And I mean that in the very kindest way possible... Razz
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 07:54 pm
cjhsa wrote:
A couple other A2K'ers said I lost my mind, so I'm just checking to see if they stole it and hid it in here.
That was good Laughing

Mathos
You must be old school.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 03:21 am
Jenny:- Your getting to know me! :wink:

Almost as good as tweaking your nipples for you that! Rolling Eyes

TTH. Old, what d'ya mean old? I'll have you know I'm a kid, youngster, prime of life, and if I get outta this rocking chair, we can have a race! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 10:05 am
A SONG FOR AIDAN TO LEARN.

Oh Sir Jasper do not touch me
As she lay between the lily white sheets
With nothing on at all

Oh Sir Jasper do not touch
With nothing on at all

Oh Sir Jasper do not
Oh Sir Jasper do not
Oh Sir Jasper do not
With nothing on at all

Oh Sir Jasper do
Oh Sir Jasper do
Oh Sir Jasper DO
With nothing on at all

Oh Sir Jasper
Oh Sir Jasper
OH SIR JASPER,
With nothing on at all

Oh Sir
Oh Sir
Ohhhhhhhhhhh SIR
With nothing on at all

Oh
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
With nothing on at all.

(Strange creatures women aren't they)
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 10:21 am
Mathos
I did not say you are old. I said you must be old school. There is a difference you know. A person can be young and old school. :wink:

Women = strange creatures
no no no no no
Women Not Equal strange creatures

Men = strange creatures Laughing
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 10:29 am
TTH

Young at heart...

Aren't we all as young as we feel?

Are as young as the women we feel? :wink:
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 11:55 am
Mathos
You are funny Laughing
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 12:33 pm
You know it's such a coincidence. I was thinking as I was driving home tonight about those private, special vocalizations, whispers, sighs, etc. that are shared between two people when they make love, and thinking they should have a special name of their own- as they are (or can be) almost a sacred sort of communication and/or expression between two people. And I asked myself- "What should they be called"?
And I was thinking that since they are almost like a very special type of song or music that they should be called "love" songs.

(All of this thought happened on the road between Trowbridge and Norton St. Philip).

But "love song" is not really still available as a label....I'll have to keep thinking about what to call them, if only for myself.

Quote:
Oh Sir Jasper do
Oh Sir Jasper do
Oh Sir Jasper DO
With nothing on at all

Oh Sir Jasper
Oh Sir Jasper
OH SIR JASPER,
With nothing on at all

Oh Sir
Oh Sir
Ohhhhhhhhhhh SIR
With nothing on at all

Oh
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
With nothing on at all.

Actually, just because you've never heard me sing this song (and never will) doesn't mean I don't already know it and maybe even enjoy singing it(at least this part)- with some slight variations - maybe like YES instead of OH - or something like that.

Quote:
(Strange creatures women aren't they)

Only if you don't take the time to get to know them.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 01:51 pm
Aidan, stop being daft and drifting along like you've been smoking Arabian Nights for a week and just learn the song! Rolling Eyes

The girl can't help it! :wink:
0 Replies