Privacy rights / redacting student names, etc

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 11:02 am
obtain or disclose a persons information (name, etc)... they don't say anything about what you need to do if you would like to redact information on someone so you can use the documentation publicly!

Anyone familiar with this area of law? I'd like to use this information and would have no problem blacking out student/patient names and the like, but I don't know if there is a particular method required to do this.

I know... I come up with some wierd ass qustions sometimes. Razz
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 842 • Replies: 1
No top replies

fishin

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 11:36 am
You may have to contact the U.S. Dept of Ed to get an exact answer to that one.

When I worked with some of that sort of stuff in the military we had to make sure that there was no personally identifiable info released. No names, addresses, social security numbers, etc.. Plus, if we were breaking out something between men and women, for example, we had to make sure that the numbers didn't give things away. If there was only one woman in the organization we could list her stats seperately. If there were 10 women and they all has the same result that couldn't be released either.
0 Replies