PLEASE my dog I need to know how to do CPR ANYONE

DrewDad

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:31 pm
I think it faked the breathing troubles in an escape attempt.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:32 pm
sozobe wrote:

Not to mention that I didn't post it until 15 minutes after she started this. I didn't think it would be useful after 15 mintues, but thought I'd plonk it in there.

Hoping the dog's OK.

Well, perhaps it can help someone in the future.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:33 pm
DrewDad wrote:

Yeah

they'll do that.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:42 pm
DrewDad wrote:

*chortle, chortle, snort*
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:48 pm
sometimes 2 dogs will get together and the little one will limp around like it's been hit by a car, while the larger one jumps around trying to get someone to help his friend.

so then when you stop and get out of your car and go to the little mutt, they both take off and steal your vehicle.

That's why it's important to always take your keys out of the ignition, because dogs can't start cars.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:53 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
sozobe wrote:

Not to mention that I didn't post it until 15 minutes after she started this. I didn't think it would be useful after 15 mintues, but thought I'd plonk it in there.

Hoping the dog's OK.

Well, perhaps it can help someone in the future.

From sozobe's link:

Quote:
HOW TO GIVE YOU DOG CPR

Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation, or CPR, as it is called, is a version of artificial respiration that includes assisting the HEART to BEAT. The purpose of CPR is to keep oxygen moving to the lungs and blood circulating throughout the body. The directions contained here APPLY TO DOGS. While these instructions may be good in an emergency, it is wise to check with your VET to establish the procedure that is best for your DOG.

How To Administer CPR
If your DOG is NOT breathing use a finger to clear any mucus or other objects from the mouth. TILT the head back to straighten the airway passage.

Hold the mouth shut with one hand, and place your mouth over the DOG'S nose and mouth making sure the seal is tight.

Blow into the nose while watching to see if the chest expands.

If the chest DOES NOT EXPAND start over again by clearing the mouth. If the chest DOES EXPAND release your DOG'S mouth so it can exhale.

Repeat the breathing procedure once every five (5) seconds until your DOG is breathing normally, or until your Vet or other Emergency technician is available to begin treatment.

IF YOU CANNOT DETECT A HEARTBEAT YOU MUST PERFORM ARTIFICIAL RESPIRATION IN CONJUNCTION WITH CARDIAC RESUSCITATION.
PUT your DOG on its right side. PUT the heel of your hand on the ribcage just behind the elbow. PUT your other hand on top of the first hand.

Firmly press on the ribcage in quick, smooth movements. Depending on the size of your DOG press down 3-4 inches using both hands. The compression should last no longer than 1/2 second. The smaller the DOG the fewer inches of compression and less force are needed. At all times try not to damage the ribcage.

Repeat this procedure a total of 10 times.

Then, if your DOG is not breathing, perform CPR as described above.

Alternate between the chest compressions (10 in a row), and one breath into the DOG'S nose.

GET YOUR DOG TO A VET!!!!!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:54 pm
Chai wrote:
sometimes 2 dogs will get together and the little one will limp around like it's been hit by a car, while the larger one jumps around trying to get someone to help his friend.

so then when you stop and get out of your car and go to the little mutt, they both take off and steal your vehicle.

That's why it's important to always take your keys out of the ignition, because dogs can't start cars.

no thumbs...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 03:23 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
no thumbs...

I suspect my cats of plotting to steal mine.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 03:41 pm
Personally, I've noticed that TTH can be a little frightened and nervous, not that I'm Ms. Calmo. I saw it as real panic, but maybe not a real cause.

If it was serious, I'm sorry for the dog, and TTH. If it wasn't serious, the same.

Now, on to humans -- anybody catch that they've entirely changed what is correct in CPR for humans fairly recently, as in six months ago? I think they still say clear the airway, put head in right position, but skip with the breathing bit. People survive better with the continuous heart pump thing.

Sorry no link.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 04:12 pm
No ****?

That's really interesting. I'll have to check that out.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 04:34 pm
Yeah, it was very convincing, and reported fairly widely if not at length...
I must have been a weary person or I would have posted on it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:14 pm
Chai wrote:
No ****?

That's really interesting. I'll have to check that out.

after careful research I think I can say without reservation or fear of contradiction that nowhere in any version of CPR is **** used....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:27 pm
I read this thread from back to front and admire all your comedy advice intermixed with actual signs of humanity. Then I came across slappy's and about crapped in my grotchkies.

The tip from Chai about carjackin dogs is a real help. We live in an area with a real dog gang problem.

I was searching for a new avatar with Groucho Marks cartoon, but after reading these, I am not worthy to display his face as my chose avatar.
Maybe Richard Lewis , that loser .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:29 pm
Wandel-your gonna put your mouth over yer dogs nose. You know where his nose has been lately?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 06:08 pm
Where is TTH? What happened?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 06:46 pm
farmerman wrote:
Wandel-your gonna put your mouth over yer dogs nose. You know where his nose has been lately?

Ossobucco mentioned that the method has changed to chest compressions only (after checking and clearing the airway). I am not really worried, farmerman, but I hope TTH's dog is okay.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 06:59 pm
That's b-u-c-o, as in boo-coe. Not b-u-c-c-o, as in bucko, like bucking bronco. I bring this up every so often in a mini-snit. Most all my favorite folks mess up my damned name, chosen one day long ago within about twenty seconds, clearly a problematic choice, but it's mine now.

Would that I were Marguerite Piazza... or, or.
Signora Piazza is probably not longer with us, having sung opera on the Sid Caesar show of shows, I think. Or was it Ed Sullivan? I hated that kind of singing then, but seem to remember the name.

OK, only ONE C.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 07:03 pm
I hope tth's dog is okay too, and she.

I'm more than half kidding about my name, but will show up fighting about it from time to time - especially after some creep newbie formative did a number on it, oh, thanks.

On the compressions only, I'll go do a little googling.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 07:28 pm
First of all the computer screen was up already. I was just about to shut it down when my dog started to choke and stopped breathing.

I can type a lot faster than google so I typed what I did real quick. I only refreshed the screen 1 time. When there was no reply I turned my attention to my dog. I never gave the computer screen another thought
at that point.

She is my first dog and I never had the need to look up what to do in case a dog stops breathing. I did not have my vet's # handy. I opened her mouth and could see an obstruction but could not reach it with my hands to get it.

I held her upside down and shook her to try to get it out of her mouth. In the meantime I turned her back up and held her mouth shut while I blew threw her nostrils to give her air. Then shook her and pushed again doing all this while I jumped in my car and drove to the vet. I continued breathing through her nostrils while driving.

If a person needed cpr I know what to do. Also you don't call 911 for an animal.

It is nice to read how mean people can be by what you wrote and how you judge someone.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 07:34 pm
CPR rules have changed??
Since when?

( repeating to self.. booooooooooooo-cueee)
For the longest time I thought "osso- boo ko'

which is an .. herb? Seasoning?
ehh.. fuh-get-it

I gotta read that last post..
0 Replies