Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,148 • Replies: 62
No top replies

TTH

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:33 am
What do I do?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:43 am
Well a message board sure seems like a quick, efficient way to properly care for your dog who can't breathe.

I hope you don't have children.

Hey, I heard there is a new kind of doctor out there that specializes in animal care. You should try to see if any has opened in your area yet.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:48 am
I know this must be distressing but I have to agree with Slappy.

If you haven't called your vet, do so, immediately.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:48 am
better yet, call FEMA. bush recommends them for all types of emergencies.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:49 am
Meanwhile, I found this ("dog CPR" into Google):

http://www.pgaa.com/canine/health/dogcpr.html
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 12:08 pm
Really, TTH...your dog can't breathe and you come on here to find out what to do?

I'm worried about you dog, living with someone who can't figure out to take him to the damn vet.

jesus, this takes the cake.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 12:10 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 12:12 pm
This reminds me of when some chick got hit by a train, and it was dragging her vehicle down the railroad tracks, slowly sucking the car underneath.

Luckily, she had her cell phone, there's a real good recording somewhere of her calling her mother to find out what to do.

On the other extreme, remember the woman who called 911 because burger king wasn't getting her western burger right?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 12:13 pm
TTH wrote:
What do I do?

Stop typing?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 12:13 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Shocked

wow, I hope that isn't what the poor dog looks like right now.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 12:21 pm
Is it that hard?

TAKE YOUR DOG TO THE VET YOU MORON.

Quit wasting time asking a forum what to do. Call you vet and tell them you are on your way in with an EMERGENCY.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 12:23 pm
no. It just sounds like someone needed some attention..
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 12:25 pm
Chai wrote:
This reminds me of when some chick got hit by a train, and it was dragging her vehicle down the railroad tracks, slowly sucking the car underneath.

Luckily, she had her cell phone, there's a real good recording somewhere of her calling her mother to find out what to do.

Ok that's not funny...but it is. In a super tragic way.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 12:48 pm
Hard to tell what TTH is saying - if the dog is quietly asleep, is panting, hawking up licked dog hair, choking, not breathing at all.

Call the veterinarian, yes.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 12:52 pm
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/5457/breatheuj0.jpg
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:03 pm
you know, we're all gonna feel so bad if the dog dies or something.

I don't know, in an emergency I get real focused and do the 911 thing then do whatever needs to be done.

I guess others scatter.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:22 pm
If the dog dies, it isn't our fault. Even if we do know CPR, we aren't there to administer it or even show her how to do it. And the thread soz posted was great except she had to take time out to open it and read it which also used up valuable time. Not to mention, the time it took for her to log on, post the thread, wait and get an answer was enough that if the dog was in critical condition it would have died long before we were able to save it with suggestions of life saving technique.

I think that it's irresponsible and stupid pet ownership.

If you don't know how to handle emergencies with your animal, you should probably not have one. I mean, they happen to even the best of owners and your stupidity shouldn't cause the death of your animal.

Perhaps I am being too harsh but frankly I think it's ridiculous that the first thing someone does when they are scared for their pets life (in immediate danger, as in, having trouble breathing) is log onto the internet.

Help! My dog has been hit by a car...what do I do???
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:26 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
If the dog dies, it isn't our fault. Even if we do know CPR, we aren't there to administer it or even show her how to do it. And the thread soz posted was great except she had to take time out to open it and read it which also used up valuable time. Not to mention, the time it took for her to log on, post the thread, wait and get an answer was enough that if the dog was in critical condition it would have died long before we were able to save it with suggestions of life saving technique.

Not to mention that I didn't post it until 15 minutes after she started this. I didn't think it would be useful after 15 mintues, but thought I'd plonk it in there.

Hoping the dog's OK.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:30 pm
I do too.
0 Replies