Does God Reason?

JLNobody

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 10:23 pm
As I understand the Christian conception of God, He is right even when he's wrong.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 11:01 pm
If God reasons, then I think he must have made RexRed in his image.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 02:42 am
JLNobody wrote:
As I understand the Christian conception of God, He is right even when he's wrong.

i almost did a literal rofl.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 09:50 am
Then I was almost successful!
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 04:57 pm
JLNobody wrote:
It's good to be the God.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 02:59 pm
For God to reason it would almost point to a certain amount of hesitation and uncertainty. For God to not have laws then God would not have boundaries or standards either.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 06:31 am
The question is, does man even reason? Or better yet, do the people here on A2k reason? It seems people here have no conception of a geometric proof and how reason is actually conducted.

I tend to think, the reasoning done here on a2k lately in the religious forums has been both sloppy and amateur.

(except for a few instances)

People hold up traditional thought but have no basis whatsoever other than their sincerity to prop up this garbage that has been passed off as truth for so long.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 07:31 am
RexRed wrote:
The question is, does man even reason? Or better yet, do the people here on A2k reason? It seems people here have no conception of a geometric proof and how reason is actually conducted.

Thomas Paine: "God gave us reason, not religion."

I'd say man is a being of reason. As far as geometric proof is concerned, I think you may have meant to have said something else. Not all logic follows a geometric pattern.

Quote:

I tend to think, the reasoning done here on a2k lately in the religious forums has been both sloppy and amateur.

Where as I find the reasoning done by many theists to be well constucted but build on sand.
Quote:

People hold up traditional thought but have no basis whatsoever other than their sincerity to prop up this garbage that has been passed off as truth for so long.

such is the story of the bible. It's been accepted as truth for so long, and it's finding a home in the bookshelf next to the brothers grim and mother goose.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 08:02 am
Diest TKO wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Thomas Paine: "God gave us reason, not religion."

I'd say man is a being of reason. As far as geometric proof is concerned, I think you may have meant to have said something else. Not all logic follows a geometric pattern.

Quote:

Where as I find the reasoning done by many theists to be well constucted but build on sand.
Quote:

such is the story of the bible. It's been accepted as truth for so long, and it's finding a home in the bookshelf next to the brothers grim and mother goose.

The Bible as is commonly seen I agree is worthless but the inherent message of the Bible that eludes most seekers is a rare and priceless gem of wisdom indeed.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 08:04 am
Discussion is geometry.

A line drawn between two points.
0 Replies