From among A2K members nominate presidential candidate

farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 01:12 pm
Before I start with my minor edits, Last night on the Daily Show, John Stewart said that
"Tom Ridge, the Sectary of Homeland Security has just been elevated inrank . His position for the Presiidential ascendancy has been raised from 18th to 7 th position. So if the first seven guys are all , say killed by terrorists, would you want the guy who was in charge of keeping them safe to be the President?
Well, I thought it was funny.

OK Sweet (youll now be sweetie Diddie). I have just a few tweaks on Diddies bio. Im not married to these so use what you will.

1 I actually think Diddie taught at the Kennedy School

2 We need to lose the ".He got off to a disastrous start..." and "...He began showing evidence of gaining respectibility..." We need to keep this more positive

3 We never mention when he was elected to the Senate. If we can get the date in there that would help immensely.

4"...In 1997 P Diddie was on the run all year"... Now this could give a wrong impression about his law-abiding nature

All the rest is super. If we can, We can make up some stuff and plop it around as per the occassion. You know, like when hes speaking in front of the farmers, talk about his early years working in the pumpkin bushes.. Or , in the presence of high tech industry captains, he has been a forgotten hero in the development of "the mouse".
Stuff like that.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 01:30 pm
That's one for the Department of Just Deserts -- advocate for nimh via a puppet, and then morph INTO the puppet, all unknowing. Very Happy ("I'm confirmed? Oh, nimh says so, OK." Razz)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 01:33 pm
LOL!

ahem.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 01:37 pm
Soz--
Ditch the predictable Dems and join up as Co-Pres with Gus (nimh).
We'll be unbeatable!!!
(Of course, we don't have a name for our 'Party'.)

The People's Party? We can strongarm it from the Communists! :wink: They haven't been using it anyway...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 01:40 pm
i have nooooo illusions about anyone being able to have sozobe be his/her puppet :-)

actually, soz, i was going on where you'd said, "PDiddie has spurned me as his running mate. Hmph. We could get this country back on track, I'm tellin' ya", when i wrote, "confirmed" - i mean, since the Diddie gave his OK through his, err, spokesperson, after all ;-) ...

still, i didnt know you'd be viced up to paul wellstone. (damn, you people put up complicated political puzzles for the foreigners here to figure out! Wink

i still think the idea of having two women run for president is a pretty good one. if they tear up some current parties & in so doing make them more fit for the 21st century, all the better. moooderniiize!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 01:45 pm
Sofia wrote:
join up as Co-Pres with Gus (nimh).
We'll be unbeatable!!!

Erm, erm, but, Sofia -

<whispers>

we don't actually agree on - pretty much any issue, whatsoever... doesn't that kinda complicate the case?

<giggles>
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 01:47 pm
Preferring to abolish Dems and GOP, and gather social progressives from both--and take them on.

And get rid of PACS and reform campaign finance... and assail pharmaceutical companies and doctor's fees, and lawyer's fees...

...but protect business.

<sigh>
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 01:51 pm
nimh wrote:
Sofia wrote:
join up as Co-Pres with Gus (nimh).
We'll be unbeatable!!!

Erm, erm, but, Sofia -

<whispers>

we don't actually agree on - pretty much any issue, whatsoever... doesn't that kinda complicate the case?

<giggles>

Me and you, you and Gus...you and soz?
As for me--I agree with you on a great many issues. As for Gus--he will dazzle the crowd with his insane wit, while you contemplate the issues and render well-reasoned judgements.

I can let go of a few druthers, knowing a thoughtful, informed, principled person is at the helm, with no personal political ax to grind. I think this is one of the many reasons you are so appealing. Cool
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 02:08 pm
I have not read all 11 pages but I hope no one has nominated me!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 02:24 pm
Just wanted to add to farmerman's comments: "In 1997 PDiddie was on the run all year" could also indicate a sad state of bowel trouble, so I think we definitely need to lose that one...unless of course it can be used to pick up a celebrity endorsement from Kelsey Grammar and his lovely but IBS-afflicted wife Camille.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 02:26 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 02:29 pm
<cav makes farty noises for extra toilet humour value>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 03:46 pm
husker wrote:
I have not read all 11 pages but I hope no one has nominated me!

Nope!

But its not a bad idea! ;-)
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 04:21 pm
Husker for Secretary of Public Works in any cabinet!
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 07:13 pm
nimh wrote:
still, i didnt know you'd be viced up to paul wellstone. (damn, you people put up complicated political puzzles for the foreigners here to figure out! Wink

Bingo - you're brilliant ... apparently!
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 07:20 pm
farmerman wrote:
Before I start with my minor edits, Last night on the Daily Show, John Stewart said that
"Tom Ridge, the Sectary of Homeland Security has just been elevated inrank . His position for the Presiidential ascendancy has been raised from 18th to 7 th position. So if the first seven guys are all , say killed by terrorists, would you want the guy who was in charge of keeping them safe to be the President?
Well, I thought it was funny.

OK Sweet (youll now be sweetie Diddie). I have just a few tweaks on Diddies bio. Im not married to these so use what you will.

1 I actually think Diddie taught at the Kennedy School

2 We need to lose the ".He got off to a disastrous start..." and "...He began showing evidence of gaining respectibility..." We need to keep this more positive

3 We never mention when he was elected to the Senate. If we can get the date in there that would help immensely.

4"...In 1997 P Diddie was on the run all year"... Now this could give a wrong impression about his law-abiding nature

All the rest is super. If we can, We can make up some stuff and plop it around as per the occassion. You know, like when hes speaking in front of the farmers, talk about his early years working in the pumpkin bushes.. Or , in the presence of high tech industry captains, he has been a forgotten hero in the development of "the mouse".
Stuff like that.

Farmerman, thank you for your input:

BTW, I also saw that episode on The Daily Show - it was hilarious!

1. You are quite right, he did stay on @ the Kennedy School of Government, but eventually taught at Austin as well; we need to get our fact-checkers on the ball!
2. Right; we'll have our speech-writers make those changes and present them to you for your approval.
3. Hmmm, see #1.
4. Well, as you recall, he did shoot a man in Reno just to watch him die, but then again, see #1.

Oh, definitely, tailor the message for each group; do as the Republicans do - unfortunately, we gotta get in the dirt to beat them rascals!

Respectfully,

sweetie Diddie :wink:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 07:43 pm
sweetcomplication wrote:
Bingo - you're brilliant ... apparently!

Just inventive with Google <grins>
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 08:07 pm
I vote for Roger, cuz he's diplomatic and articulate! That's why!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 11:58 pm
Roger could be an excellent calm, unbiased advisor for any administration.

I can see visions of him in the State Department. I think you pegged him, misti. A diplomat, and a gentleman. Smile
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 02:26 am
nimh is perfect in the role of a "king (or a queen as the case might be) maker"

Laughing
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 06:47:41