Please find flaws in my logic!

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 04:20 am
I cant lie im not a supreme intellectual, but i hate not ever having anyone to challenge my ideas so i figured id put out some ideas that i would love to have demolished by some intelligent people.

It all started when i was trying to draw a pentagram, it was easy, too easy. i just drew the circle and did a star in it, then i asked myself "why is it so easy to divide a circle into 2 and 4 parts, but not 5?"

I believe that intelligence (by this i mean abstract thoughts, mathematics, science etc..) have been hidden from the world for ages. i always wondered why certain symbols were regarded as evil( the pentagram for example) and it hit me, world leaders have been constantly trying to suppress the fact that we, as humans, have the power to change our own destinys. i believe religion has been the biggest tool is this suppression of knowledge and science.

To draw a perfect pentagram you have to have geometry and trigonomentry skills, or at least have discovered some of the principles, or be on your way to discovering these principles and formulas.

my ideas arent totally mature yet but i think everyone gets my drift, you get even one person trying to figure out how to draw a pretty design as simple as a star and you have a chance they will discover math and geometry, so you have to suppress science and logic (and even art) in any way you can to keep the peons dumb.

i wouldnt have posted this but i was reading alot of peoples ideas and they came to similar conclusion as mine and thats when i really started thinking about symbology and religion vs science and wanted some other opinions.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 665 • Replies: 6
No top replies

contrex

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 04:27 am
Let me get this right, you think that "religion" forbade people from drawing pentagrams because that might lead to them studying geometry? What about triangles and squares? Aren't they evil too?

This kind of "reasoning" reminds me of a drunk I onced talked to in the street. The conversation went something like this:

Drunk: Do you believe in God?
Me: No.
Drunk: What are three times three?
Me: Nine.
Drunk: (Triumphantly) And what's the square root of nine?
Me. Three.
Drunk: Now try telling me you don't believe in God!
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 04:44 am
no it's the "abstract quality" needed to conceive how to attain a specific result with only limited resources (your own intellect) that would be threatening to something as fragile as religion.

for example the star of david, easily drawn perfectly without any geometry. 2 equilateral triangles.

but to draw a 5 pointed star perfectly is a dramatic leap, it goes from simple geometry into trigonometry and even philosophy. as i said i am still trying to figure out what my train of thought is leading to but i cant, i am stuck.

for example i belive it is impossible to divide a circle into 5 parts "mathematically", but geometrically this is possible?
maybe what i am trying to say is that this "universe we live in could possibly be the fusion of physical with the , how do you say, "spiritual"?
(maybe even pertaining to the guy who said that this world is the best possible, meaning balanced?)

im not a philosopher im an artist so some of my thoughts are probablly really, umm, crude compared to people with more education. go easy on me haha.( im kidding be as harsh as possible it helps me find the truth)
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 05:10 am
i guess i answered my own question. the demise of religion is scientific reasoning and deductions, and they dont neccesarily negate spiritual elements.

finally i figure out what the **** im trying to say. art is so much easier than philosophy.art is interpretation, philosophy is asking why we interpret in the first place.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 05:19 am
I think that youre overthinking your question. AS kids we are shown how to draw stars (the center of which is a pentagram). Many people have excellent eye/hand skills and can draw geometric shapes beautifully. The rest of us can be trained sufficiently.Then its up to you to practice
If I told you once that the center of a 5 point star is a pentagram, you could practice that skill till you got it right. If you cant get it right, then your eye/hand skills need some work. Thats all I see in this.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 10:09 pm
You came up with this whole theory based on the tabooing of a single shape?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 10:20 pm
Re: Please find flaws in my logic!
OGIONIK wrote:
I cant lie im not a supreme intellectual,

You got this one part right
0 Replies