How do you eaves-drop on a phone line?

katya8

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 06:01 pm
Someone is doing it on mine.......I've had my lines checked by the phone company, but they couldn't find anything. So now, I read somewhere that people have found a way to eaves-drop on conventional phones.......does anyone know how they do it and how I can stop them from doing it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,932 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Asherman

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 07:05 pm
Why do you believe your telephone is tapped? Who do you suspect of intercepting your conversations? Do you live in a single-family residence, or in a building with many tenants?

There are many ways to eavesdrop, and most of them would leave the target unaware of the tap. These days its relatively easy for almost anyone to eavesdrop, but most people's lives are so ordinary that eavesdropping isn't worth the effort. To become a target of interests, you'd have to be associated in some way with information of value to someone, or some agency. Do you have information that someone might think you worth the cost and effort? If you're dealing drugs, involved with any felonious enterprise, or if you have ties with foreigners of suspicious behavior? You'll have to provide a lot more information before we can even guess what's really happening.

The only way you can be certain that a telephone won't be used to gather information about you is not to EVER say a word inside a room with a telephone in it. The telephone doesn't have to be off the hook to transmit. That may sound extreme, but a good sound tech can pick up a signal even off of a stereo speaker. There are more things than you have dreamed of in your philosophy, Horatio.
0 Replies

katya8

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 03:22 pm
Are you serious? Any room with a phone in it? You mean....I don't have to be making a call, to be heard? How can that be done? I mean....with what???

The reason I suspect it, is because my neighbors torture me with their dogs, and every time I call the police, they come home before the cops can get here, and put their dogs back into the house. Then, when the police arrives, they tell them their dogs are sound asleep and I'm imagining things.

PS There's about a 40-foot space between our 2 homes.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 04:07 pm
If the police are that slow that someone can tap your phone from their work, come home, and bring dogs in before the police arrive from your phone call I think you have other problems.

I doubt that anyone is tapping your phone. I also doubt that your neighbor is torturing you with his dogs. Dogs bark. They don't do it to torture people nor do they do it on command when people aren't home.

On a technical note, some phone calls are easier to intercept than others. If you are using a cordless phone than anyone with a scanner capable of hearing your broadcast channel can intercept it. But the signal from a cordless phone is weak and the scanner has to be close. What you are describing though would require constant monitoring. Simply taping the conversation from a scanner wouldn't get them home in time. Unless they work next door to you they couldn't be using the scanner at work. The sound of the dogs barking will travel farther than a scanner could pick up your phone. There is just no reason to deal with the costs and technical aspects of trying to tap a phone from a distance with monitoring that alerts everytime there is a phone call.
0 Replies

katya8

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 06:38 pm
Who's talking about dogs barking? You're making that up, and I really resent it. These people have dogs that never bark but that attack people.....they're lethal!

I'm lucky to still be alive.....so leave me the **** alone with your ugly prejudice, OK?
0 Replies

katya8

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 06:40 pm
Who's talking about dogs barking? You're making that up, and I really resent it. These people have dogs that never bark but that attack people.....they're lethal!

I'm lucky to still be alive.....so leave me the flock alone with your ugly prejudice against anyone who doesn't adore four-legged killers, OK?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 08:23 pm
These dogs attack people and are out all day while their owners are off at work? Yet somehow the owners get back to put the dogs away before the police arrive? The police never question the people that are attacked? The people that are attacked don't have injuries?

Your story doesn't make much sense.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 10:34 pm
A friend of mine works for Verizon and he has a device that can easily pick up phone conversations from outside a building. There ar also ways of doing it remotely. I have had my phone tapped by the government. I hope they enjoyed the phone sex.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 04:21 am
In all likelihood they planted video surveillance as well... easily transmitted over the internet so they can keep an eye on you.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 04:45 am
don't laugh guys, i've had something similar happen to me

i was doing some home repairs outside, and i dropped the eaves on my phone line

it was a real mess, the eaves got all bent when they hit the ground and the phone line was cut, and......really, i guess it was a totally different situation

oh yeah, the dog next door barked

have you tried wearing a tin foil hat
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 05:19 am
katya8 wrote:

I'm lucky to still be alive.....so leave me the flock alone with your ugly prejudice against anyone who doesn't adore four-legged killers, OK?

I knew this was headed this way from the first post.

The first thing I would do is check out your shoes. Sometimes they use the eyelets for the shoelaces to hypnotize you.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 05:54 am
Maybe they have a police scanner and know when a squad has been dispatched.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:09 am
If you hate 4 legged killers so much, why are you looking at leashes?

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=95057&highlight=

Just curious.

As well, anyone with a "vicious dog" wouldn't be using one of these beause there is no way they would keep a dog who is going to attack from busting free.

I think you are imagining the neighbors trying to kill you with their dogs. Why would anyone want their dog to attack someone? The dogs will be put down and the owners could be sued.
0 Replies

katya8

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 11:09 am
WOW! Some of the contemptuous remarks in here, are like what might have been posted by some of those hippy-hating-townies of "Easy Rider"!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 11:13 am
BM
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 11:18 am
Well, to be honest, your story sounds a little far fetched.

Your neighbors are torturing you with their dogs.
You believe they are listening to your phone conversations when you call the police, and put the dogs where they belong, and pretend they are asleep.

How exactly are the dogs torturing you?

Why do you feel the neighbors want to do this?

If someone told you what you are telling us, would it make any sense to you?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 11:24 am
Chai wrote:
Your neighbors are torturing you with their dogs.
You believe they are listening to your phone conversations when you call the police, and put the dogs where they belong, and pretend they are asleep.

How exactly are the dogs torturing you?

I believe you are taking this too lightly, Chai. Have you been in our world? Have you heard the distant barking of the dogs, knowing that they are getting closer and closer?

Have you pulled your sheets around you, Chai, and waited, as you emptied your bowels, for the dogs to rip your throat out?

If not, excuse me.

If so...... welcome to my world.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 11:26 am
Trailer trash bitch. I hate you so.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 11:27 am
I see Gus has been sleeping with the sheep again.

(Those are wolves Gus. Not dogs.)
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 11:28 am
$10 bet on a no-show
0 Replies