Metallica.....ahhhhhhh.....

NNY

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 08:42 pm
One step from lashing out at you...
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 08:45 pm
Well, in my Guitar World magazines you can order past issues, and 1991 is as far back as it goes. But why are you ignoring this:

Quote:
I am in total agreement with you about the last thing you said. It annoys me when bands don't have musical talent and they explode!

That is why I like Pantera, and Black Label Society. They come up an amazing riff, and an awesome rhythm backing.

When learning Pantera songs, I often have to get out the Chord Book, and look some up. They not only use the C5's, A5's etc. They bust out with F#maj7's and Bsus2/A13's. Not to mention the long and complex solo's they have. Their music is much like Clapton's in structure, but they play LOUDER, FASTER, and HARDER. Thus creating TRUE METAL!

????????
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 09:01 pm
I'm ignoring nothing. I'm playing with you! I'm not here to argue. Heavy Metal of my era (the 1980s) was different from what it is now. My favourite bands are Queensryche, Rush,and Jethro Tull. The first two were considered Metal in the 1980s and 1990s. the last (amusingly) won a grammy for "Heavy Metal." All are safely in the Prog Rock category now. Tastes change. I don't doubt that the bands you listen to engage you. If they didn't, why would you listen to them? the current trend of thrash/rap/etc.. metal doesn't interest me. I'm old (36! Shocked ) and set in my ways! Wink
Stop being such a republican! Smile
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 02:49 pm
STOP BEING SO JUDGEMENTAL!

I've heard your music (I like Jet City Woman), and I know about it. You have not heard Pantera, or BLS, and you know nothing of their ways. And believe me, 36 isn't old :wink: .
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 03:01 pm
It is old when you are teaching Freshmen half your age (And some of them are darned cute, too!)! And I have heard Pantera, etc...they just don't do it for me. Sorry. I do like Metallica, does that count?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 05:32 pm
Pantera rocks no doubt...Dimebag is a badass, as is Zakk Wylde but make no mistake they owe it all, and Dimebag and Zakk will tell you so themselves..........to Black Sabbath
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 05:37 pm
Can anyonehere listen to Dio without being sufficiently well medicated beforehand?
I remember seeing Wasp, Slayer, Black Sabbath (with the mighty midget RJD on vocals) and Iron maiden in Mainz in 1992. Great show, and WASP were my favourite!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 07:28 pm
I have to disagree with the music of my youth being the best and how getting old makes the music somehow bad to listen to...I absolutely LOVE the new stuff...Like BLS also BTW. The only problem with getting older is that I have a harder time remembering who does what and whos involved with who and what the name of the song is, etc etc.
I guess the mind is the first thing to go...but heck, as long as its all still sounding good, Ill go for that.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 08:26 pm
I like Dio!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 08:30 pm
So the diminutive demonologist has at least one fan. Smile
I recall an issue of Circus that was concentrating on Metal in the mid eighties,and had articles on Ritchie Blackmore, Ozzy,and RJD. RJD went on at length about black magic, etc...Blackmore talked about spirits,and Ozzy talked about booze. I preferred the Ozzy interview.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 08:41 pm
Glad to see this post is still moving.....Keep it up, guys! Very Happy
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 08:53 pm
NNY absolutely hates Dio.

Dio has rocked for a long long time....
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 01:36 pm
PS: New Favourite...Evanescence. Wonderful combo of Goth and Metal, plus Amy Lee is quite the cutie!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 10:07 pm
Okay, guess I can now consider myself old.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 09:47 pm
hobitbob wrote:
PS: New Favourite...Evanescence. Wonderful combo of Goth and Metal, plus Amy Lee is quite the cutie!

Sorry man, but Evanescence has no metal in their music.....but I would agree Amy Lee is a cutie, in a strange way, but cute nonetheless....Yeah, definitely cute. Although cute is generally a term to describe a baby, so I'd say she's either sexy, hot, fine etc. or you could go the other direction and say beautiful, amazing, breathtaking etc.

But either way she's hot.
0 Replies