Stephen King returns to the 'Tower'

Rae

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 04:27 pm
I am a very happy reader now. Is it November yet?
http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/books/07/10/stephen.king/index.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 6,396 • Replies: 79
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 04:47 pm
WOOO HOOO!!!!! These are the books that changed my very negative opinion of King.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 04:49 pm
Thought you'd be pleased, Craven! :wink:
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 07:55 pm
yippee!!!!!!!!

e x c e l l e n t
reading material to look forward to is always so exciting
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 08:00 pm
As most writers do, they tend to not release new work until November ~ to take advantage of the holiday season.

When the first four 'Tower' books came out (still a little too slowly for my liking), I drove my family bonkers with requests for the newest title for Christmas or my birthday.

November will be here soon enough.....deep, cleansing breaths..... :wink:
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 08:18 pm
MUCH to slowly, I agree

this is almost refreshing...nice change.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 09:02 pm
We're always running out of books to read here offshore. One of my Brit co-workers is also an avid reader, so we swap books back and forth. Last month he lent me a paperback of King's short stories, and one of them was a prequel to the Tower series. I was hooked. I am definitely going to start to read the series.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 09:00 am
Hooray! Another fan! Let us know what you think of the series, Jim!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 09:02 am
I had a 'moment' a few years back when 'Insomnia' came out. (I've since read the book four times.) But, near the end, there is a small reference tying it in with the Tower series. I almost fell out of my chair and had to re-read the passage several times.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 06:50 pm
Most of his books reference somewhere some other book, and the Tower is a pretty usual reference actually. You have to be hard core King to catch them all though. Its nice if you're all caught up...a bit of a chuckle to take the edge off if needed Smile
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 06:53 pm
Hiya quinn ~ ya tryin to say I'm not a hard core fan? :wink:

The reference in 'Insomnia' is the only one I ever came across. For some reason, I'm also thinking of 'Rose Madder', but not sure.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 06:58 pm
Well...nah, I would never say that Smile

Lots of them..really.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 07:01 pm
A hint, maybe? Sad
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 04:34 pm
Ahhh, just pre-ordered it!!

Damn! It's been so long now, gotta re-read the other parts... or perhaps get the new edition of the Gunslinger! Got the 1st edition of that one, complete with beautiful pictures, more like paintings, actually!

Haven't read King for a long time now, guess the last one was DT4, but I'm not sure...
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 05:59 pm
bd ~ in all the time I've known you, I don't think we've ever had a discussion about Stephen King. Books, yes, but not King.

Tsk, tsk, tsk..... :wink:
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 06:07 pm
As I remember, my dear, we had a load of stuff to discuss, and so little time...

so don't you tsktsktsk me!

Ok, so here goes; which one is your fav King book? Apart from DT?

Used to be "Christine", but then when I re-read "The Stand", I liked that one more until that crappy TV-film came... Shattered my fantasy, totally...

So I think my top three, in no particular order;

Gerald's Game
The Dark Half
Four Past Midnight (which is four novels, all very scary in a "One Hour Photo" sense!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 06:14 pm
I will tsk, tsk, tsk you whenever I like. So there. (Love ya, miss ya ~ mean it!)

My list, in no particular order.....

The Green Mile
It
Insomnia
Dark Tower Series (all)
The Dark Half
Needful Things
Gerald's Game
Desperation
The Regulators
Dreamcatcher

Never mind. I like all but a few of his books.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 06:18 pm
And of course, the Richard Bachmann books!

Miss you guys, too! A lot!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 06:24 pm
I just picked up a copy of 'Black House' ~ I wasn't on the ball when that one came out. Soon as I finish the book I'm working on ('Sleep No More', by Greg Iles ~ pretty good), I'll start 'Black House'.

Ohboyohboyohboy!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 07:45 pm
just picked up Black House...okay..there goes my info for tales into other books.....just pay close attention when you read it. Actually as such a big Tower fan, its a nice parallel and good that you are reading it afore the Nov one.

I was the most creeped out by Geralds Game actually...still cant get some of those images out of my mind Shocked

Favorites though??? humm..couldnt pick em, really. I think theres only two I havent read yet...not too bad....but, I feel like a big slacker.
0 Replies