PCI TV Tuner Card

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 12:56 pm
I have just discovered that my HP Pavilion a1550y Media Center computer doesn't have this card. I'm rather shocked, because it would seem that this card would be essential, given all the TV/radio connectivity in its nature. Perhaps it was an option and I overlooked it, but whatever the reason, it's not there.

HP says that any PCI TV Tuner Card will do, but I'd like to know if anyone has any recommendation or preference. What about HD? I notice that some of the cards specify HD.

What I mainly want is to be able to download FM radio programs.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 609 • Replies: 4
No top replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 07:15 pm
do you mean record the fm transmissions? no card will let you download radio. if all you want is radio, then get an fm tuner card. some tv tuner cards also have radio receivers.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 08:15 pm
The remote is a maker or breaker, make sure you get a substantial one ... look for full size.
Froogle 'tv fm cards' to get the best price.
Ruel (the link I sent) is for reviews of different mfgs.
Good software is important ... Beyond tv is a good benchmark.

tv fm pci cards --->X
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 10:18 am
Serious Tuner difficulty
I hope someone can give me really useful advice. I have been in contact with the HP Support people and have received many differing responses.

The problem is that I want to download FM radio programs. HP says I need a tuner card (I can listen perfectly well to FM radio on my computer). OK. But they also say that I can do this in 3 easy steps,(not mentioning a tuner card), which include saving the program after I've begun listening. No good.

I've been told by them to reset/reconfigure the HP Media Center software, but I get as far as the Wizard and can go no further.

I've been told to go to Media Center My Radio - no such link appears in the Media Center menu.

I've been told that some (unspecified) files on my system have been corrupted and that I must perform a "destructive recovery".

Do any of these suggestions make sense? If so,which?
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 10:18 am
PCI TV Tuner Card
Does anyone know if this tuner card requires an antenna? And will it permit downloading FM radio programs or only listening?

ADS Instant TV TV +FM PCI - TV / video / radio input adapter - PCI ( PTV-351-EF )

Is anyone familiar with ADS Technologies products in general?
0 Replies