How long is the PM suspension? [resolved]

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 09:57 am
It's been a while, and just wondered how much longer my PM writing suspension will last?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,386 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 10:09 am
I don't know. But I think you will improve your chances to get an answer if you use the helpdesk instead of Forum Help for this kind of question. The URL is http://support.able2know.com/ , and there's a link way, way down at the bottom right of every page.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 01:35 pm
Thomas, thanks for the link, but it was too difficult to navigate.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 07:50 am
In that case, I suggest you report the post of this thread using the "Help" button. (Perhaps you could label it as "SPAM-Promotional post", since you're guilty of self-promotion if you still deserve to sit in the time-out chair. Wink) It's not the canonical way of using the reporting system. But it gets the attention of a moderator, opens a ticket at the helpdesk, and is definitely a valid use of the helpdesk. As I understand the A2K helpdesk system, you'd be doing the right thing through an unorthodox channel.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 07:53 am
good luck, CI. I got my PM privileges back after a lo-o-ong (seemingly) time. Keep asking them about it, and if they think you're going to be good, they'll give 'em back.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 08:09 am
Be glad you dont have to wear a dunce cap too... Laughing
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 08:23 am
Thomas wrote:
In that case, I suggest you report the post of this thread using the "Help" button. (Perhaps you could label it as "SPAM-Promotional post", since you're guilty of self-promotion if you still deserve to sit in the time-out chair. Wink) It's not the canonical way of using the reporting system. But it gets the attention of a moderator, opens a ticket at the helpdesk, and is definitely a valid use of the helpdesk. As I understand the A2K helpdesk system, you'd be doing the right thing through an unorthodox channel.

On reflection, you could use this link

[url=http://support.able2know.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit]http://support.able2know.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit[/url]

Select "Moderators", click "Next", and the rest should be self-explaining.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 09:34 am
I still liked my way better. But, I see that post is gone.

Thomas, I tried it your way. So, I will wait and see. I feel like a guinea pig Very Happy
I like animals hence, guinea pig.

Self explanatory? The priority is not. Define priority. It is different to most people. I used the one I felt was appropriate and said why.

As soon as I submitted "it" (I didn't say which one I used) that is the fastest email I have ever received. That was quick.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 10:06 am
Thomas, That was much better. Thanks T.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 07:06 am
tryingtohelp wrote:
I still liked my way better. But, I see that post is gone.

Thomas, I tried it your way. So, I will wait and see. I feel like a guinea pig Very Happy
I like animals hence, guinea pig.

Self explanatory? The priority is not. Define priority. It is different to most people. I used the one I felt was appropriate and said why.

As soon as I submitted "it" (I didn't say which one I used) that is the fastest email I have ever received. That was quick.

There were no posts removed from this topic. Perhaps there was a technical issue, or you have made an error. But we have checked and there were no removals from this topic.

If you (or anyone else) have something to say about the best ways to contact us, then say it.

We only answer inquiries through the Help Desk. I cannot make it any clearer without tattooing it on people's foreheads. Sorry, but continually repeating this is incredibly frustrating for me as I find myself saying it nearly every week and often, it seems, to the same people. Over and over and over again.

There are a few ways to contact the Help Desk, including through the "help" link, through the "contact us" link, by reporting a post and by writing directly to our email addresses, which we do not post because we don't want even more spam than we already get. Those are it.

Getting a response more quickly or more slowly is purely a function whether the all-volunteer moderating team is more or less busy. Some inquiries are answered quickly. Some are not. A certain method of contacting us will not elicit an answer more quickly, in and of itself.

Thank you.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 09:29 am
jespah,
I know how to contact the help desk. You have said it many times. If I felt it was an issue I would have. I didn't feel my post was an issue. I know things go wrong either on the site or at my end. I think I posted something and left
before it actually was there so it may be in post land (if there is such a thing). I don't know. I did not feel it was an issue.

Also, if you tattoo something on someone's forehead that won't help them here. They can't see their forehead. I am not mocking you.
I just found that funny that you wrote that. In real life it might work because someone might say it to the person. But, on a computer no one is there to tell you.

I have a weird sense of humor IMO.

P.S. I am still waiting for a response "if" I get one to my question. Just because I ask does not mean "they" will tell me. If I don't get an answer then I will not ask again. I received their email letting me know they did recieve my question. That is good enough for me.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 09:34 am
You COULD read a tattoo on your forehead if you used a mirror...or two if it were written normally, and you could not read mirror writing.

Of course, if it were tattooed on your forehead in mirror writing, you could read it even if you could not figure out mirror writing.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 09:43 am
dlowan wrote:
You COULD read a tattoo on your forehead if you used a mirror...or two if it were written normally, and you could not read mirror writing.

Of course, if it were tattooed on your forehead in mirror writing, you could read it even if you could not figure out mirror writing.

That is funny. Do you have a tatoo machine I can use so I don't have to pay for it when I need it? Very Happy
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 10:59 am
But... are inquiries answered that don't go through the help desk?

I'm confused.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 11:28 am
Drew Dad--

Jespah wrote in red:

Quote:
We only answer inquiries through the Help Desk.

I think next time she may use Real Blood.

If you really want a dialogue, I'd suggest going through the Help Desk. If you choose carnage, we can all watch.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 11:39 am
Didn't she answer an inquiry here? She also answered my TOS question.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 11:43 am
DrewDad--

As I remember your TOS question was of general interest. You wanted Forum Help and you got Forum Help.

On this thread Jespah replied and said essentially--at least twice--"Go through the support desk for personal issues."

Sometimes the line between General Interest and Personal Issues can be a bit blurry--I'd guess about 3.1% of the time.

Have I clarified or confused?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 11:47 am
Noddy, you're taking all of the fun out of hassling Jespah.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 11:53 am
DrewDad--

'Ware, 'ware. The woman under discussion is slow to anger, but terrible in wrath.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 12:17 pm
"Wrath" eh?
0 Replies