Looking for some TOS guidance. [answered]

DrewDad

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 07:48 am
Quote:
1) Be courteous. You agree that you will not threaten or verbally abuse other members, use defamatory language, or deliberately disrupt topics with repetitive messages, meaningless messages or "spam." Spammers will be removed from the service, and their accounts terminated.
2) Use respectful language. You agree not to use language that abuses or discriminates on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, region, disability, etc. Hate speech of any kind is grounds for immediate and permanent removal from the service.
3) Use appropriate language. While open exchanges, even about adult-oriented issues, are encouraged, members are asked to consider the different ages and sensitivities of the entire community while participating in the Able2Know service. If necessary, inappropriate language will be deleted or edited, or a topic containing said inappropriate language will be marked as such (e. g. Warning: contains adult language).
4) Vulgar speech is not tolerated. Vulgarisms may be deleted or edited, and may result in a warning or eventual removal of the member from the site.
5) Lively debate is accepted, and even encouraged, but personal attacks are not. Active topics and heated debate are welcome in the Able2Know service. However, personal attacks are a direct violation of this Agreement and are grounds for immediate and permanent removal from the service.
6) While occasional breaches of decorum in the heat of debate will be tolerated, members whose interactions are marked by a consistent pattern of demeaning and abusive interactions will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including permanent removal from the service.

OK, I'll admit to being guilty of #1. ("deliberately disrupt topics with repetitive messages") Sorry, 'bout that, I won't let it happen again.

But as for the rest:

I've seen members consistantly insult the other thread participants ("idiot," "moron," etc.) and not get disciplined. Should I bother reporting these? It seems like a violation of 5 & 6, but I hate to waste the mods' time.

I don't want people to be able to insult with impunity, but where's the line?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,469 • Replies: 33
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 07:51 am
drewdad is a moron.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 07:52 am
dys is a poopity head.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 07:55 am
God Damn It!!!!

Screw you guys, I am going home.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 07:59 am
What happened DrewDad? Did you get TOSsed?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 07:59 am
No. Just irritated with a particular recent poster.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:00 am
DrewDad wrote:
God Damn It!!!!

Screw you guys, I am going home.

Have a few Cheezy Poofs... you'll feel better.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:01 am
boomerang wrote:

And who do I look like? Bi-Polar Bear?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:02 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
dys is a poopity head.
I can't bear this, barely, I think bear may very well be a pooopity head. For sure he is a poopity head. I never liked bear.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:03 am
boomer is definitetly a poopity head.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:05 am
I don't need this abuse from you guys. You may not know it but for the last three months you've all been on secret double probation. I'm telling.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:05 am
Alright people. Lets keep those breeches of decorum pulled up. It's not a pretty sight when you all drop them at once.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:14 am
IMO, those that "get away with it" most often are established members.

Which is ok by me because we know those people and it's easier to take it from someone you know versus someone who has no clue about the dynamics of the forum and are just butting in to say something mean.

I get far more pissed at some random saying things like that than I do a regular.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:18 am
Bella have I mentioned how much I love your avatar?

Gardening and baking....gives me a feeling of balance. Could you work in a mop bucket and an ironing board?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:19 am
It's possible....except that i am quickly running out of room and the hamsters won't let me make my avatar bigger.

Sad

So maybe an iron...but the ironing board is going to be a huge stretch.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:26 am
boomerang wrote:

TOSsed, huh. Good coinage!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:30 am
Bella Dea wrote:
IMO, those that "get away with it" most often are established members.

We have simply refined the fine art of debate.

"You're an idiot" is an attack.

"That's idiotic" refutes an argument.

"Are you an idiot?" indicates an open mind.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:33 am
the inability of many to answer the question "are you an idiot?"...is this a telling characteristic or merely an avoidance technique? Because if it is the latter that would make the person a pussy as well as an idiot.... let us discuss this.... but please, let's not get idiotic about it.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:42 am
DrewDad, are you an idiot?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:48 am
DrewDad, are you still an idiot?

How about now?

By all means, if someone is doing lots of little things that you think are against the TOS, report them.
0 Replies