Charges dropped

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 03:48 am
This is probably in the wrong place,so feel free to move it.

ABC news just announced that ALL charges against the Duke Lacrosse players have been dropped.
They have not said why.

I put it in the politics forum because I think the former DA Nifong was using them for political gain only.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 928 • Replies: 2
No top replies

panzade

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 12:14 pm
it's not often I agree with you mm, but the DA was definitely using the case to further his political ambitions. We'll never know what really happened to the girl...or if any of the players were guilty of rape...but the frat-jock culture veers mighty close to misogyny sometimes
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 04:53 pm
panzade wrote:
it's not often I agree with you mm, but the DA was definitely using the case to further his political ambitions. We'll never know what really happened to the girl...or if any of the players were guilty of rape...but the frat-jock culture veers mighty close to misogyny sometimes

According to the press conference given by the state AG today,there was NO EVIDENCE that a crime occurred,and he stated explicitly that the lacrosse players were "completely innocent of the charges".
He did not say they werent guilty,he didnt say there wasnt enough evidence,he said they were innocent.

He then proceeded to hammer Mike Nifong,the original prosecutor,for his pursuing the case "in bad faith".

He asked that the state legislature pass a law allowing the state Supreme Court to remove a case from a prosecutor that acts like Nifong did.

I see major lawsuits coming up.

But I still wanna know something...Where do these boys go to get their reputations back?
0 Replies