Fire Imus and who else?

Miller

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2007 10:01 pm
Quote:
Fire Imus!? OK, then let's start firing all those who make such racist remarks...Dave Chappelle, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Farahkan, Ray Nagan, Snoop Dogg and all the other hip-hop and rap "artists." Then, let's tear down the dividing walls we call BET, NAACP, Ebony and Jet magazines. Why aren't we outraged about the show's executive producer, Bernard McGuirk, calling the players "hardcore ho's?" Ahhhh, it's because Bernard is black!

Bill Cosby has it right, this is where we as black Americans should start heading! We need to start taking responsibility for our own actions, not depending the government! If we spent the same amount of energy on doing something postivie for our own future as what we have spent demanding the firing of one white radio shock jock, we would already be better than we were a week ago!

http://wakeupblackamerica.blogspot.com/2006/05/bill-cosby-tells-blacks-they-need-to.html

www.ebonyjet.com
(Posted by anonymous )
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,910 • Replies: 22
No top replies

fishin

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2007 10:06 pm
When did Bernard McGuirk become black? Shocked

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3080540/
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2007 10:07 pm
I don't know whether he's black or white.
0 Replies

username

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 12:43 am
did you look at his picture? duh.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 06:48 am
username wrote:

Perhaps he's an inter-racial individual.
Idea
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 07:37 am
username wrote:

Uh duh, don't you know you can't always tell someone heritage by the way they look? Rolling Eyes

He might be half black. A quarter black. A third Indian. A quarter Polish.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 07:43 am
Bella Dea wrote:
username wrote:

Uh duh, don't you know you can't always tell someone heritage by the way they look? Rolling Eyes

He might be half black. A quarter black. A third Indian. A quarter Polish.

Absolutely!
Idea
0 Replies

michael1

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 06:09 am
Imus is one of the most jew-centric radio jocs on the air. He has created many parodies of Rush Limbaugh, portraying him as the secret KKK/Nazi type. Very funny, but he spends most of his time blaspheming Christ. Kinky Freidman & the Texas Jew Boys used to be regulars, in parody or music. He actually spends a lot of time criticizing the Bush Administration & the war, but must suffer from double-mindedness, for he promotes mostly democrats at election, but claims to vote republican for president.

Time and time again I've been finding that the greatest fighters against racism were then later fired from their jobs for being racist.

Anti racism is even admittedly from many black people, a worse concept than the obsolete old racism. Racism has been dead since the 1970's when 28 states withdrew their laws which stated it was a felony for a black to marry a white.

Anyhow these immoral reprobates all end up getting their dues and the righteous will remain in the land. Good will always prevail over evil.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 01:23 pm
Quote:
Good will always prevail over evil.

Exclamation

Good's taking a dam long time doing it.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 01:31 pm
michael1 wrote:
Good will always prevail over evil.

That is complete horse poop.
0 Replies

Orilione

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 10:48 pm
Why shouldn't Imus be fired? He is merely, like many others in our society, prolonging the shame of racism. Institutions are permeated with racism in the USA and people like Imus are their spokesmen.

CBS is to be commended for firing Imus!
0 Replies

AziMythe

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 01:20 am
The paychecks come from corporations that manufacture and sell goods.

What you hear on the radio and TV has nothing to do with community
standards, preferences, prejudice, decency, or any kinds of guidelines.
It's just economics.

To create more and more commerce, advertisements have to grab
your attention, take it from you, and sell that little piece of your mind
to whoever purchased the ad.

Imus' only crime was to prevent advertisements from being as effective as they usually are.

Because the ads lost value, his show lost value, the network itself was
hit in the pocketbook, so deeply that he had to leave.
The next talk show will be more effective at influencing your purchases.
Tens of millions of dollars in business were lost by the spin and reaction to his comment.

Whether it's racism, entertaining, insulting, helpful or hurtful doesn't matter.
What other individuals say or do around the country doesn't matter.
In this one case, to produce the right effect Imus had to be fired.

There are no standards or rules at work here, just economics. Business darwinism.
Whatever influences our purchasing behavior the most, ... is what we will be listening to.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 05:29 am
Orilione wrote:
Why shouldn't Imus be fired? He is merely, like many others in our society, prolonging the shame of racism. Institutions are permeated with racism in the USA and people like Imus are their spokesmen.

First of all what's the evidence that "Institutions are permeated with racism"?

Quote:
Prolonging the shame of racism

Yikes! Where's all this racism anyway? Oh, you mean like for example that case at Duke U, where the black prostitute claimed to have been raped by the male Duke students? Now that was a classic case of racism, wasn' t?

Do you think the IRS racially discrimates when it come time to audit 1040s? Is there a way to tell a WHITE fingerprint from a BLACK fingerprint?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 06:35 am
Orilione wrote:

And the Rutger girls aren't? Sharpton and Jackson aren't? Someone, a reporter/writer (I can't remember who but he was a black man) said he is disgusted by this because the Rutger girls are playing the victim; that there is no "Evil White Man" taking away your destiny. YOU are in control of your destiny, not some white guy on the raido. Quit acting like your life is over.

Had this been a black man saying it, none of this would have happened.

What Imus said was disgusting but they are taking this WAY to far.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 06:43 am
Miller wrote:
Yikes! Where's all this racism anyway?

It's certainly alive and well in Texas.
0 Replies

Orilione

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 03:14 pm
Where is the racism?

It is easily found. Institutional Racism-that is.

How many African-Americans are in our Society? I would venture that 12% of our fellow citizens are African-Americans.

How many African-Americans are "allowed" to become attorneys in the top law firms in the USA? No more than 6 or 7%. Why, after years of hard work in law schools do US law firms only have 6 or 7% African-Americans at work there? It should be at least 12%--even more--to make up for past racism when you could find not even a couple of African-Americans in those firms.

That is institutional racism.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 03:44 pm
Do you think we're really going to do away with racism? Sure, most of us don't like it, but there are lots of types of discrimination out there and we're all subjected to it all the time.

At one of our universities, employment practices are geared specifically towards visible minorities, women, and people with physical disabilities. I think that's discriminatory. What if the best candidate was a white male? He doesn't even get an interview. Personally, I would want the best candidate hired, irrespective of their race, gender, or physical status.

I remember when I was in the union at one place, the management tried to get the union to allow native americans hired without the same qualifications as other hirees... they couldn't type 40 wpm, but they wanted the union to give them special status. That's not fair to everyone else who has to meet the standards. There's no reason a native american can't learn to type and spell like other people.

This stuff drives me nuts. I agree that firing Imus was an over-reaction. I think things are market-driven. Whoever doesn't like what he says can tune out. We are becoming such an enabling, dependent, victim-minded, wussy society.

If we can't turn the radio or tv to a different station, we shouldn't be listening to it.

Someone pointed out in another post about how advertisers still gear household products to women, showing females vacuuming, etc. How is this any different? We just have to individually stand up for ourselves when things happen or when we don't like what's going on. I'd rather take accountability for what I do and what happens to me than have the government or whomever heavy-handedly mandating what they think is right or what's currently fashionable in being right.

End of rant.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 06:40 am
Orilione wrote:

How many African-Americans are "allowed" to become attorneys in the top law firms in the USA?

Allowed? How many Blacks should become lawyers in top US law firms? Those who should be, do become partners. Those who can't cut the mustard end up being civil rights attorneys who work themselves.
Razz
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 06:48 am
Quote:
Do you think we're really going to do away with racism?

Of course not! Do you think we're really going to do away with sexism? Of course not!

By the way, why are there so many baby-daddies in the USA among black males today?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 06:50 am
Quote:
household products to women, showing females vacuuming,

Most professional women I know hire cleaning companies to clean their houses. Does anyone own a vacuum today, who doesn't do house cleaning? Laughing
0 Replies