• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 412 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 01:14 pm
coberst wrote:

For you, developing the intellectual life, would be living with intensity. I think though, that Joseph Campbell had an idea that would be all encompassing. He spoke about "following your bliss". For some, that would be the intellectual life, but for others, it might be anything else that would impart great joy to an individual.
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 03:24 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
coberst wrote:

For you, developing the intellectual life, would be living with intensity. I think though, that Joseph Campbell had an idea that would be all encompassing. He spoke about "following your bliss". For some, that would be the intellectual life, but for others, it might be anything else that would impart great joy to an individual.

You are correct. I suspect our choice of intensity will also change throughout our life.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 05:49 pm
I do think Keith Richards has tons of money, not to mention Ozzy. Few get as intense as those guys were...

It's all very strange. Some people jump out of airplanes to feel the blood pumping, while others get the thrill at witnessing a daring chess move.
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 02:39 am
Cyracuz wrote:
I do think Keith Richards has tons of money, not to mention Ozzy. Few get as intense as those guys were...

It's all very strange. Some people jump out of airplanes to feel the blood pumping, while others get the thrill at witnessing a daring chess move.

Critical self-consciousness will help a person find that aspect of living which best energizes him or her.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 04:14 am
Or you could just play videogames :wink:
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 06:46 am
Cyracuz wrote:
Or you could just play videogames :wink:

Unfortunatly that appears to be the way most young people spend their time.
0 Replies