OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 04:51 pm
Two fer two; too cool! Congrats Nimh! Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 06:06 pm
nimh wrote:
Well, we received good news too. :-)

Our jobs are safe, for what sounds like years, in Budapest, and together as a team.

Better than even the best-case scenario that we had still dared to hope for.

Phew!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 09:55 pm
nimh wrote:

Our jobs are safe, for what sounds like years, in Budapest, and together as a team.

Baszom az apat! In a good way!
CONGRATUUUUUUL!

now we can go back to our usual daily procrastination routines.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 10:08 pm
That's great, nimh! Congratulations to all of you!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 12:14 am
I wanna see some work from you both!

NOW!

Hop to it, Nose to the grindstone, produce something.

<Waiting>
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 06:29 am
nimh wrote:

That's wonderful news, nimh! Very Happy
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 06:42 am
dagmaraka wrote:

I know, huh? <flips dadpad off> Laughing

Thank you all! We're all wonderful! Yeah!
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 08:30 am
ossobuco wrote:
This brings up, though, are there others in your situation we could still be writing some higher up about? I'm one of the people that thinks multilple copies of protoletters do no damned good and drive people in representatives' offices nuts. Has to be a well written letter that is somehow noticed out of the sphere of hit'emwithemails... thus my take that a blog post or new media article is a better route.

I agree.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 08:33 am
No longer needed, TTH, the good news is in (see above) Razz
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 09:02 am
There are still others that could use the help from someone who is knowledgeable on the subject. I am not. Sad
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 09:21 am
nimh wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:

I know, huh? <flips dadpad off> Laughing

<flips dadpad off, too> Razz
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:33 pm
You two can't have all the fun yourselves, you know...
(flips dadpad off as well Razz )
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 09:57 am
nimh
Congratulations to you to btw.

I can just picture you all flipping each other off. That is funny.
You can still help others though. Just a suggestion.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 12:27 pm
yes, tth. We ALL can.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 02:49 pm
TTH wrote:
nimh
Congratulations to you to btw.

I can just picture you all flipping each other off. That is funny.
You can still help others though. Just a suggestion.

Uhmm.. not sure what you are talking about in my case. Remember what my problem was. The organisation I work for decided to scrap the department I'm in. That involved four of my colleagues and me. It looked like there was a good chance that all five of us would get fired as a consequence. But they decided to continue the projects we do, just coordinated by various different other departments, and that the 5 of us would keep being the ones to do it. So our jobs were saved.

OK, so now what do you mean with that I "could still help others"? What others? There are no other departments at risk of being axed. And I dont see any parallel with any bigger societal problem, or anything that could be advocated on. It was just a company's management deciding to scrap a department, and then to however keep the people that were in it. A managerial decision like countless others that I'm sure are made every day. One that my colleagues or I could do little about anyway, or that others could do on our part, which is why I explicitly asked people here to not get involved.

So what are you talking about exactly, when you're saying I could still help others in the same situation?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 03:17 pm
nimh wrote:

Uhmm.. not sure what you are talking about in my case. Remember what my problem was. The organisation I work for decided to scrap the department I'm in. That involved four of my colleagues and me. It looked like there was a good chance that all five of us would get fired as a consequence. But they decided to continue the projects we do, just coordinated by various different other departments, and that the 5 of us would keep being the ones to do it. So our jobs were saved.

Yes, my congratulations to you was on your job being saved.
My comment as far as helping others referred to any of you. Not specifically you. Sorry about that. That was my fault.

I meant any of you that understood dagmaraka's situation with visa's. Not just in sympathy but how visa's actually work in our government system.
I don't know enough about the visa's other than the one my mom and sister are on.
ossobucco wrote it in this quote:
ossobuco wrote:
This brings up, though, are there others in your situation we could still be writing some higher up about? I'm one of the people that thinks multilple copies of protoletters do no damned good and drive people in representatives' offices nuts. Has to be a well written letter that is somehow noticed out of the sphere of hit'emwithemails... thus my take that a blog post or new media article is a better route.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 03:30 pm
well, i did call into a radio program, i spoke to congressman capuano, wrote to durbin who is the author of the immigration reform bill. it occupied most of my time for about a week. i have a full time job and a dissertation to finish, i'm afraid i've done my share for awhile. when the bill is in the parliament and needs a push, i'll chime in as best i can.

in the meantime, first step towards helping is being informed and keeping up with the news. that way you, too, TTH, can help others when the time calls for it.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 04:31 pm
I marched with the other despicable immigrant supporters today... does that count? Cool
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 04:40 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
well, i did call into a radio program, i spoke to congressman capuano, wrote to durbin who is the author of the immigration reform bill. it occupied most of my time for about a week. i have a full time job and a dissertation to finish, i'm afraid i've done my share for awhile. when the bill is in the parliament and needs a push, i'll chime in as best i can.

in the meantime, first step towards helping is being informed and keeping up with the news. that way you, too, TTH, can help others when the time calls for it.

I try, but there are so many issues that come up. The news doesn't always tell the truth, nor does the paper or books for that matter. It takes a lot of work I think to actually get all the facts and then a person can still make an incorrect decision. I still think it is better to try then do nothing at all.

OCCOM BILL you do what you think is right. I am not going to judge you
except to say I still like your avatar (picture).

Again congrats to both of you dagmaraka and nimh Smile
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 06:16 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I marched with the other despicable immigrant supporters today... does that count? Cool

Go Occom Bill! Very good <thumbs up>
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 11:51:16