Will those with YELLOW avatars stop by and say hello

Vivien

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 03:22 pm
does the little yellow feathered snack that's just out of sight count for me?
0 Replies

nextone

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 10:10 pm
Walter, LOL, A case of post nap vision. The beacon appeared to be going back and forth instead of full circle. Tennis in the round, cylindrical squash or raquetball, FUNNY.

Welcome soozoo! What a pretty bird!

ossobuco, Good as gold....

Vivien, Beware birds of a feather flocking together. Run, pussyca,t run away!!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 07:49 am
soozoo; hang around 'till you become a "mellow" yellow!

osso...; ussually its the other way around; people are preoccupied with "counting gold"! Rolling Eyes

viv...; believe me, hang arround here long, with your mouth open, and you'll get something yellow shoved in it!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 07:54 am
retires in fear and trembling .... Shocked

... but could be lurking nearby .... Very Happy
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 08:05 am
GOOD "LURK"! Laughing
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 08:17 am
Laughing
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 08:57 am
Viv....;

¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤
not waving but drowning (in a world of wonder!)
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 09:15 am
clever! Very Happy
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 09:33 am
Vivian;
I just took your gallery tour, very impressed, nice stuff!

Should mention though your 4th & 5th. galleries don't work for me?
I sometimes have javascript problems (using Opera).

Does Leicestor really look that magnificent?
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 09:42 am
thanks! I'm glad you like the work - I took 60+ to a solo show at a local gallery yesterday - it opens next week - let's hope the buyers like them! I have had other solo's but usually have work in a mixed show.

Just sold 2 at another show - cheque in and .... out again! the car is due for a service, the road tax is due ....

No Leicester is 100 miles from the coast so it is a long day when i go there to paint. I go with a friend (sometimes a few friends), leaving home at 6am and getting there by about 9 and painting all day, then having a meal and arriving home after midnight - we stay on the beach until the sun sets! Leicestershire is quite pretty - rolling hills and fields and woods - probably how an American would think of England.

The woods and stuff is the local landscape.

The last 2 galleries i really should have put 'under construction' as i haven't had chance to put any images on yet - sorry!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 09:43 am
thanks! I'm glad you like the work - I took 60+ to a solo show at a local gallery yesterday - it opens next week - let's hope the buyers like them! I have had other solo's but usually have work in a mixed show.

Just sold 2 at another show - cheque in and .... out again! the car is due for a service, the road tax is due ....

No Leicester is 100 miles from the coast so it is a long day when i go there to paint. I go with a friend (sometimes a few friends), leaving home at 6am and getting there by about 9 and painting all day, then having a meal and arriving home after midnight - we stay on the beach until the sun sets! Leicestershire is quite pretty - rolling hills and fields and woods - probably how an American or Canadian would think of England.

The woods and stuff is the local landscape.

The last 2 galleries i really should have put 'under construction' as i haven't had chance to put any images on yet - sorry!
0 Replies

nextone

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 09:52 am
Vivien,
Just took a bird's eye view of your paintings. They are wonderful (even with the scale). I especially liked the deep blue night sea.

Um, couldn't help noticing an absence of gulls.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 10:05 am
Laughing

thanks
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 09:06 pm
Speaking of which, Vivien, I liked your pieces "Evening" and "Changes." They had great color scemes, an interesting sense of motion, and were very nicely executed.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 10:14 pm
And while we're heaping flattery your way;
I was quite taken by your "impressionist" use of colour.

And btw I wouldn't have a clue how an American would think (ah, I just noticed you modified your second post; you should use the edit button, top right; it works, even "I" can use it).
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 03:05 pm
yes I remembered just in time not to call you American! It's a bit like calling a Scot English isn't it? red rag to a bull?

and thanks Portal et al.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 05:42 pm
Interesting topic [American];

(If we were to apply ancestry/genetics, I'm actually a "Scot"!)

I find that Canadians are more or less tiffed at being referred to as "Americans" depending upon where they currently happen to be in the world;
In some countries it's more of a concern than in others (in Iraq it could be life threatening!).
But Canadians (if we are "anything" as a group) are mostly annoyed at the term "American" always referring to people from the U.S., when Canada, Mexico, etc., etc., ......... we are all Americans.

Mind you a Cuban might really take offense! Laughing
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 04:40 pm
Helloooo, nextone!

Greetings from a "simpsonyellow"! and a lot of the beverages that I pour at work are yellowish... beer, OJ, whiskey(all shades of gold), some white wines, and so on1
0 Replies

nextone

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 05:01 pm
Hi bigdice67,
Interesting to think of those amber waves of grain becoming golden liquids. Moe should know. Smile
0 Replies

nextone

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 05:01 pm
Hi bigdice67,
Interesting to think of those amber waves of grain becoming golden liquids. Moe should know. Smile
0 Replies