Not certain what to do

Letty

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 06:40 pm
Norton Internet Security has told me that wgatray.exe is attempting to connect to a DNS server. I have no idea what that means. Can someone help? Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,041 • Replies: 5
No top replies

yitwail

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 07:20 pm
this isn't authoritative by any means, but wgatray is a part of the windows operating system that checks to see if your microsoft software is genuine. for some reason, it's trying to access an internet site--DNS stands for domain name service FYI--and Norton security thinks it's suspicious. i'd just ignore this, if you're not experiencing other problems.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 01:01 pm
Thank you, yitwail. I just turned off my computer and let it remain that way for a while. I also keep getting messages that internet explorer has encountered a problem and has to shut down. Often this happens when I am getting ready to respond to a thread.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 01:06 pm
Have you used trend micro before?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 01:07 pm
if not, go to

www.trendmicro.com

and select free online virus scan.

This takes about 2 hours after you have it set up, but it will clean your system, and well. Smile
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 01:16 pm
Thanks, wolf lady. Norton is supposed to scan my pc one a week, on Friday. It should do that today. That error message usually has to do with macramedia flash plug in, and it seems to occur when I visit Internet Explorer and attempt to watch a video. My young techie friends should be coming to visit this weekend, and perhaps they'll do a hands on type thing. Last evening was really weird as everything froze up.
0 Replies