Problem !

menana

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 01:51 am
hi, to all members...
i got a problem... i have to develop a forum for my website... sort of chat room... but i've no idea on it... will some one out there help me... thank you.. Surprised
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,365 • Replies: 2
No top replies

gadgetaddict

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 07:49 am
i'm pretty much a newbie and what i say should not be taken as gospel. that being said, it is my opinion that phpbb is one of the best out there (if not the best) - the price is, oh, FREE, and it is available at www.phpbb.com - installation isn't too bad - where you run into trouble is modifying it - though stock it is pretty darn powerful and robust - it is the backbone of able2know, my little board, and a slew of others.
there is also vbulletin that i never really checked out, and some others. in my opinion, phpbb is your best bet. hope this helped, and i'd be interested to learn what you decide on.
0 Replies

KevinCarlson

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 12:55 am
phpBB rules!
I concur with gadgetaddict.

Basically, to use phpbb you need a hosting service that supports PHP and MySQL. That basically eliminates most free hosting sites.

Installation is fairly easy, BUT you need to know how to create a MySQL database on your hosting server first. Check out the docs at www.phpbb.com to help decide if you're ready for it.
0 Replies