Python22

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 12:39 pm
While searching for Works Calendar on my desktop, I came across something I never previously heard of or saw on my computer. It's called Python22, and appears to have some relation to mathematics or to a German mathematician group. I don't want to go to deeply into it for fear of releasing some ghastly problem.

Does anyone know what this is? I'm a bit unnerved.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 815 • Replies: 6
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 02:47 pm
HP/Compaq PC?

http://wingide.com/pipermail/marketing-python/2003-February/004086.html
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 03:07 pm
Python22
I still haven't a clue what this is, nor why I never saw it before. Is iot something that HP might have installed AFTER I had bought and set up my PC?

From what I can make out from your link, DrewDad, I gather it's nothing harmful, but I wish I knew more about its nature and why it's there at all.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 04:07 pm
It's a scripting language, from what I gather.

Might have been installed by any number of applications; I would suggest a full virus scan at your earliest opportunity.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 05:56 pm
Python22
Here's what a Windows BBS member says:

"I have an HP Laptop and I have it as well.

Part of HP's Media Center Quick Play. The .zip folder and .dll take up a little over 3 MB's. I would leave it."

That makes sense, since my PC is the Media Center model.
0 Replies

mezzie

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 09:03 am
python22 should be version 2.2 of python, a programming and scripting language (now up to version 2.5). Some 3rd-party software is written in python and the download may come bundled with python, so it runs as a process whenever you run that software. I wouldn't worry about it if your virus scan is clean.
0 Replies

Quincy

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 03:34 pm
python is one half of VPython, the programme for physics programming, I'm using VPython in my physics course, although Python is only the script part, without the graphics component, the "V" in "VPython"
0 Replies