WORLD CUP CRICKET

dadpad

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 08:08 am
You wouldnt believe it if you read about it so I'm here to tell ya

Ireland defeated pakistan... on saint patricks day. (and captained by an expat aussie)

Quote:
Ireland gave their countrymen a St. Patrick's Day to remember, when they clinched a sensational three-wicket victory over Pakistan to send the former champions crashing out of the ICC CWC at Sabina Park on Saturday here. http://cricketworldcup.indya.com/DisplayArticleDetails.aspx?xf=news,Cricket,2007,March,News_20070318_184

I think that knock the pakis out of the world cup.

Not to be outdone India lost to Bangladesh....LMAO

Quote:
Teenager Tamim Iqbal and Mashrafe Mortaza turned giant-killers to script Bangladesh's dream five-wicket victory over India in their opening ICC Cricket World Cup match here on Saturday.

Left-handed opener Iqbal, who turns 18 on Tuesday, smashed a rapidfire 51 for his maiden half-century as his team successfully chased a 192-run target on a good batting track at the Queen's Park Oval.

Iqbal was not the only teenager to play a big role in Bangladesh's second win over India in 15 one-dayers, as Saqibul Hasan (53) and wicket-keeper Mushfiqur Rahim (56 not out) put on 84 for the fourth wicket.http://www.cricketworldcup.indya.com/DisplayArticleDetails.aspx?xf=news,Cricket,2007,March,News_20070317_183

I apologise to my subcontinental brothers but.... sheeit thats funny! Laughing Laughing Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,123 • Replies: 8
No top replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 07:28 am
Light at the end of the tunnel -- there's still hope for India, though. 413 runs -- 18 sixes to top that. Whoa.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 09:44 am
spidergal wrote:
Light at the end of the tunnel -- there's still hope for India, though. 413 runs -- 18 sixes to top that. Whoa.

But against Bermuda.

Still 413 is not a bad total against anyone.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 11:35 am
Something inside me keeps saying we won't get into the top eight but then...there's always hope.

As of losing to Bangladesh, that's still better than losing to Ireland. Ireland are mere start-ups while Bangladesh has been around -and kickin'- for a while. Defeating Oz and all.

Fingers crossed for the Friday showdown. It will decide whether or not I'll watch any more WC matches.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 08:37 pm
The Australian who captained Ireland is not an expat. He lives in Dapto, about 3km from here. India and Pakistan were the big disappointments, with England not far behind. Australia have continued on their winning way, winning their 22nd consecutive World Cup match in a trouncing of South Africa in the semi-final, and will meet Sri Lanka in the final on the 28th, their fourth consecutive World Cup final.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 06:18 pm
I think Dadpad was right on the other thread.
aaren1

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 03:02 am
@spidergal,
What are you think about schin retirement?
sachin retirement
sachin tendulkar retirement
Wilso

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 03:39 am
@aaren1,
aaren1 wrote:

What are you think about schin retirement?
sachin retirement
sachin tendulkar retirement

Nothing lasts forever.
margo

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 01:18 pm
@Wilso,
He's only retired from 1-day games. He's still planning to play tests.

India will be back here next year, I think
0 Replies