Working Out Makes Me Belch Severely

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:41 pm
I know how stupid that sounds but about 10 minutes into my work out I begin to belch constantly...and occasionally, like today I get so much indigestion gas and heartburn that it's terribly painful.

Any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 7,767 • Replies: 16
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:46 pm
No... except to ask that GI guy...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:49 pm
who?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:54 pm
You know... Joe.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:01 pm
no, silly, your gastroenterologst, or whatever.

Ah, that means GastroIntestinal person..
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 05:22 am
Bi- Check this out:

http://www.medicinenet.com/intestinal_gas_belching_bloating_flatulence/article.htm

Quote:
The ability to belch is almost universal. Belching, also known as burping, is the act of expelling gas from the stomach out through the mouth. The usual cause of belching is a distended (inflated) stomach caused by swallowed air. The distention of the stomach causes abdominal discomfort, and the belching expels the air and relieves the discomfort. The common reasons for swallowing large amounts of air (aerophagia) are gulping food or drink too rapidly, anxiety, and carbonated beverages. People are often unaware that they are swallowing air. "Burping" infants during bottle or breast feeding is important in order to expel air in the stomach that has been swallowed with the formula or milk.

Excessive air in the stomach is not the only cause of belching. For some people, belching becomes a habit and does not reflect the amount of air in their stomachs. For others, belching is a response to any type of abdominal discomfort and not just to discomfort due to increased gas. Everyone knows that when they have mild abdominal discomfort, belching often relieves the problem. This is because excessive air in the stomach is often the cause of mild abdominal discomfort. As a result, people belch whenever mild abdominal discomfort is felt-whatever the cause.

If the belching is happening often enough, and is annoying enough to cause concern, you wight well want to see a gastroenterologist.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 05:35 am
Try taking an antacid before you go?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 06:02 am
didnt you just change your diet not too long ago?

high fiber foods bring about alot of body gas..

odd yours isnt coming out your ass though
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 08:27 am
How soon after eating are you going to the gym? I try not to eat anything for at least an hour before....if not I burp too.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 08:31 am
I used to have the same problem.
I was taking air into my stomach.
Apparently my breathing techniques during lifting were not good.

[Urp]
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 09:09 am
Prilosec OTC is great stuff....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 09:35 pm
Could be worse.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 11:20 pm
mmm Something to do with your breathing brother bear. Gulping air into your stomach. Try breathing through your nose.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 06:56 am
dadpad wrote:
mmm Something to do with your breathing brother bear. Gulping air into your stomach. Try breathing through your nose.

thats what I was thinking, but because of vocal and martial arts training I'm very wawre of that and generally make a concerted effort to inhale through my nose and exhale through my mouth. I'm thinking that has something to do with it though. I have an email friend who used to own a Golds gym in Ontario and I'm going to ask .
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 12:05 am
You had training in the marital arts?

I thought it was all natural
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 06:37 am
It was for fighting off the big boned chicks.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 09:17 am
Hey, hey, hey!!!

Lay off the big boned chicks. We all got our place, ya know. Laughing

I mean, surely you of all people would agree, cj. Who wants a little boned chick that can't carry the carcus back to the truck for ya?
0 Replies