Invisible featurette

kermit

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 02:48 pm
I knew I wanted to see this movie for a while because it had the guy who did Sixth Sense and Batman Begins doing it, but I really wasn't sure what it was about. I've been searching for a long time and not finding much, but the other day I found a featurette that reveals a lot. Looks like it's like a Sixth Sense and a mystery combined. Here's the link...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/theinvisible/video.html?video=exclusive&size=medium
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 685 • Replies: 6
No top replies

happytaffy

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 03:21 pm
I am actually looking forward to this movie. love justin chatwin, the main guy! did you know that he was on LOST? he was the undercover cop who busted Locke. Thanks for link -- I am really excited about seeing this film
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 09:46 am
It's the "producer" of "The Sixth Sense" and the co-writer of "Batman Begins," so unless they are alter-egos, they're not the same guy. The director, David S. Goyer, was a co-writer of "Batman Begins," and as for "the producer," none of the people who produced "The Sixth Sense" are listed in "The Invisible" credits:

"The Sixth Sense" producers:

Kathleen Kennedy,producer
Frank Marshall, producer
Barry Mendel, producer
Sam Mercer, executive producer

"The Invisible" producers:

Gary Barber .... producer
William S. Beasley .... executive producer
Roger Birnbaum .... producer
Neal Edelstein .... producer
Jonathan Glickman .... producer
Mike Macari .... producer
Peter Possne .... executive producer
Erin Stam .... co-producer

There's is a relationship in the production companies which are comprised of a bunch of executive overlooking the actual individual producers:

"The Sixth Sense"

* Barry Mendel Productions
* Hollywood Pictures
* Spyglass Entertainment
* The Kennedy/Marshall Company (A Kennedy/Marshall/Barry Mendel Production)

"The Invisible"

* Hollywood Pictures
* Limbo Productions
* Spyglass Entertainment
* Macari/Edelstein
* Sonet Film AB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435670/maindetails

But that's movie ad modis operandi. There's a user review on the IMDb site but nothing on Rotten Tomatoes.com. It's a remake of a foreign film and with absolutely no reviews to be found this close to it's release, it looks like they are holding back screenings for professional critics. Not a good sign if the producers feel it's going to get trounced.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 09:53 am
Nothing on MRQE, either:

http://www.mrqe.com/lookup?^Invisible,+The+(2007)

Think I will stay away and maybe catch it on HBO for free. From what I could get out of the IMDb user reviews is that it's a teeny-bopper thriller with a teenage heart throb to draw in that particular audience and bears little or no artistic aspiration to "The Sixth Sense," altough that's not one of my favorite movies.

There are three trailer sites:

Apple.com trailer [video]
MovieWeb news ["From the Edit Bay: David Goyer Talks ___"] [2007-01-15]
Movies.com trailer [video]
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 03:44 pm
There are a lot of clips out on this film -- have yall seen them?

Here is one that shows the interaction of Nick and Annie -- can she hear him?

Annie
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 04:19 pm
omg, did anyone else here see it? loved it. did not see the ending coming at all Smile
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 05:49 pm
A few film reviewers liked it, but 23% isn't enough to get me out to the theater, being it's not really playing anywhere.
0 Replies