Similarity of lucid dreaming and reality

mbarone

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 08:45 pm
Hello, I'm new to this board, but philosophy is something I mull over constantly.

I wanted to propose an interesting discussion: Is it possible that lucid dreaming is exactly the same as waking life but occurring in a different state of energy? I believe it is. In both states, you are aware of yourself and look outward towards people, events, and locations that are affected by your thoughts, beliefs, and attitudes.

I learned more about reality through actually lucid dreaming than any attempt made in waking life.

What do you think?

For more information, check out the site in my sig - is it recruiting people to help contribute to and disseminate information such as this, a noble cause.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 571 • Replies: 3
No top replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 09:52 pm
Huh? Waking Life is a movie about lucid dreaming...
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 10:13 pm
I'd never thought about it. Perhaps while dreaming lucidly you can access your subconscious regarding what's happening in real life.

Personally have only ever played once or twice with lucid dreaming, but it didn't amount to much, because I was just curious about whether or not it could be done, not what could be done with it...
0 Replies

hungry hippo

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 10:50 pm
Re: Similarity of lucid dreaming and reality
mbarone wrote:
Is it possible that lucid dreaming is exactly the same as waking life but occurring in a different state of energy? I believe it is.

What are the different states of energy we have? I don't understand what you mean by energy states.
0 Replies