Virgin birth today?

Eorl

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 10:16 pm
Arella, Hi. I'm fine thanks, you?

How do you know Raul is not right? Have you read the Quran? Have you studied in a mosque? He says Jesus was just another prophet, but that alone would be enough for him to demand respect for Jesus.

I, on the other hand, think Jesus may have been a pretty cool guy, with some good ideas (and some not so good). Unless you can prove that your god exists and that Jesus was a special ambassador (without resorting to the original storybook to prove the same storybook true), I'll stick with that.

What does your god have in store for Raul when he dies?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 10:19 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
Yea, but it didn't turn out too well, and he's still traumatized over it. Now he won't leave the house.

*snork* Very cute Smile
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 11:54 pm
Eorl wrote:
Arella, Hi. I'm fine thanks, you?

How do you know Raul is not right? Have you read the Quran? Have you studied in a mosque? He says Jesus was just another prophet, but that alone would be enough for him to demand respect for Jesus.

I, on the other hand, think Jesus may have been a pretty cool guy, with some good ideas (and some not so good). Unless you can prove that your god exists and that Jesus was a special ambassador (without resorting to the original storybook to prove the same storybook true), I'll stick with that.

What does your god have in store for Raul when he dies?

That original storybook, as you call it, happened to have been written by 39 different writers from all walks of life with varied professions over a period of hundreds of years. Perhaps if it had been written by one person, or even a few people all at the same time, I'd say you had an argument about using the book to prove itself true. But, the fact is, the Bible is a compilation of 66 books written by 39 writers over hundreds of years. Seems like a good source to me.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 12:22 am
Quote:
That original storybook, as you call it, happened to have been written by 39 different writers from all walks of life with varied professions over a period of hundreds of years. Perhaps if it had been written by one person, or even a few people all at the same time, I'd say you had an argument about using the book to prove itself true. But, the fact is, the Bible is a compilation of 66 books written by 39 writers over hundreds of years. Seems like a good source to me.

Maybe, but then how can you be sure you can trust all 39 writers?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 12:57 am
Arella Mae wrote:
]That original storybook, as you call it, happened to have been written by 39 different writers from all walks of life with varied professions over a period of hundreds of years. Perhaps if it had been written by one person, or even a few people all at the same time, I'd say you had an argument about using the book to prove itself true. But, the fact is, the Bible is a compilation of 66 books written by 39 writers over hundreds of years. Seems like a good source to me.
Your logic for deciding if a book is a "good source" is based on the argument that the longer it takes to write, and the more people that contribute, the more of a "good source" a book must be.

Thus the more of a "bad source" a book must be if it takes a short time to write and is penned by few people.

Pretty bizarre stuff there Arella Mae!
0 Replies

anton bonnier

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 01:23 am
Arrella Mae.
Quote... (Make no mistake Eorl, I do not now nor have I ever claimed or pretended that Allah and the God I serve to be one in the same) .... End of quote. I assume by that remark You "believe" that your God is a different God from Raul-7 God and I would assume that Raul would agree with you.... and you pair want us now to believe there are two Gods... that you know of... come on you pair make up your minds.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 01:28 am
anton bonnier wrote:
Arrella Mae.
Quote... (Make no mistake Eorl, I do not now nor have I ever claimed or pretended that Allah and the God I serve to be one in the same) .... End of quote. I assume by that remark You "believe" that your God is a different God from Raul-7 God and I would assume that Raul would agree with you.... and you pair want us now to believe there are two Gods... that you know of... come on you pair make up your minds.

No, there's only one God. He's the God of Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (pbut). The only difference is that the followers of Jesus decided to take him as a God, while others call him the son of God, etc.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 07:30 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
And I guess I will never fully understand how people will claim not to even believe in God (generalization there) but yet hang out in a Spirituality and Religion Forum. Kind of illogical to me.[/color]

Like I told you back when you first came to A2K many moons ago, it's all about sunshine[/u]

Welcome back.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:52 pm
Arella Mae wrote:

How many original manuscripts or even fragments of original manuscripts of those 66 books are there?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:54 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
Quote:

Every word in the Bible is God breathed and God inspired.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:55 pm
And you know that because.....?

(let me guess....because the bible tells you so?)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:55 pm
mesquite wrote:
How many original manuscripts or even fragments of original manuscripts of those 66 books are there?

Hmmm, I suspect you already know the answer to that question, Mesquite, so why did you even ask it?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:57 pm
anton bonnier wrote:
Arrella Mae.

I am sure Raul will tell you that the God I serve is not the same one he serves. How can they be? My God has a son named Jesus Christ. His doesn't.

My mind is already made up. I'm a Jesus freak!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:59 pm
Chumly wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
]That original storybook, as you call it, happened to have been written by 39 different writers from all walks of life with varied professions over a period of hundreds of years. Perhaps if it had been written by one person, or even a few people all at the same time, I'd say you had an argument about using the book to prove itself true. But, the fact is, the Bible is a compilation of 66 books written by 39 writers over hundreds of years. Seems like a good source to me.
Your logic for deciding if a book is a "good source" is based on the argument that the longer it takes to write, and the more people that contribute, the more of a "good source" a book must be.

Thus the more of a "bad source" a book must be if it takes a short time to write and is penned by few people.

Hey Chumly. Uh, no, that's not what I said at all. I could go along with the circular reasoning thingy if it had been ONE book. But the Bible is a compilation of books. There is unity in the books even though it has many authors from all walks of life over a long period of time. There are other historical books that give credence to these books and you and others know it. You may not accept it, but you know they are out there.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 12:00 am
Eorl wrote:

Cute Eorl. And if there weren't other historical books out there I'd give ya that one, but sorry, no cigar!
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 12:03 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:
Quote:

Really? Then why are there so many contradictions?
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 12:15 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Eorl wrote:

Cute Eorl. And if there weren't other historical books out there I'd give ya that one, but sorry, no cigar!

There are other historical books that verify "Every word in the Bible is God breathed and God inspired."?? please tell me more.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 12:21 am
Arella Mae wrote:
mesquite wrote:

Hmmm, I suspect you already know the answer to that question, Mesquite, so why did you even ask it?

I suspect that you know the answer to that question Arella Mae, so why did you even ask it?

The number of original manuscripts is somewhere between zero and none.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 12:24 am
Raul-7 wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:
Quote:

Really? Then why are there so many contradictions?

Most likely for the same reasons that the Quran is full of contradictions and absurdities.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 12:27 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Chumly wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:

Hey Chumly. Uh, no, that's not what I said at all. I could go along with the circular reasoning thingy if it had been ONE book. But the Bible is a compilation of books. There is unity in the books even though it has many authors from all walks of life over a long period of time. There are other historical books that give credence to these books and you and others know it. You may not accept it, but you know they are out there.
You say "that's not what I said at all" but that only shows you are not able to follow the basic logic of your clearly defined premise: "Seems like a good source to me" and the reasons given "the Bible is a compilation of 66 books written by 39 writers over hundreds of years."

You tell me that my reasoning is "circular". If so you should explain why.

You say "But the Bible is a compilation of books." How does this support your claim that it "Seems like a good source to me"? There are many books that are a compilation of books, right?

You tell me "There is unity in the books even though it has many authors from all walks of life over a long period of time." Given that there are many clear contradictions and outright errors in the bible how does this support your claim that it "Seems like a good source to me"? OK, even if there was "unity" in the bible why would "unity" be a good argument for it to be a "good source"? Do you find the Hans Christian Anderson fables to be a "good source" because of their "unity"?

You say "There are other historical books that give credence to these books and you and others know it. You may not accept it, but you know they are out there." OK, where are the history books to support genesis?

BTW my dog is farting up my office!
0 Replies