Virgin birth today?

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 08:22 am
I was just thinking; given the way our societies are today, there are precious few virgins above the teens. And it is very common today that when a teenager gets pregnant the pregnancy is aborted.

So if christ was to be born of a virgin in this day and age, it is likely that happened, but that the child was aborted... Twisted Evil
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,475 • Replies: 41
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 10:06 am
Did you ever notice Jesus has John the Baptists eyes?
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 07:08 pm
How would you know. Do you hold the keys to the Unseen? If everyone on this Earth tried to abort his birth they can't do it without it being decreed by God beforehand. The end of all affairs is with Him.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 07:43 pm
Keys to the unseen?
You don't need to lock up the unseen. Nobody can find it anyway.. :wink:
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 08:09 pm
Wouldn't "keys to the unseen" refer to one's eyes?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 08:11 pm
Would it? How so?
0 Replies

anton bonnier

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 08:38 pm
Cyracuz.

I reckon if God had any sense, he would go down to his river bank... get a handful of mud and mold himself a Jesus.... after all, I think he knows how to do that... didn't he do that a couple of times before ?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 08:41 pm
Yea, but it didn't turn out too well, and he's still traumatized over it. Now he won't leave the house.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 12:01 am
Raul-7 wrote:
How would you know. Do you hold the keys to the Unseen? If everyone on this Earth tried to abort his birth they can't do it without it being decreed by God beforehand. The end of all affairs is with Him.

I thought you were a Muslim
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 01:34 am
He may be a Muslim but I do have to say it, he shows more respect for the Lord than quite a few on this forum do.

Everyone has the right to what they believe. But remember, others have the right to not like it.

And I guess I will never fully understand how people will claim not to even believe in God (generalization there) but yet hang out in a Spirituality and Religion Forum. Kind of illogical to me.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 07:10 am
Because spirituality is not strictly limited to be about god or religion.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 07:43 am
Cyracuz wrote:
Because spirituality is not strictly limited to be about god or religion.

Indeed it a subject about myth and fantasy.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 09:57 am
Can you clarify that , au1929?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 10:45 am
Cyracuz wrote:
Can you clarify that , au1929?

That the basis of religion, myths, fantasy and mans fertile imagination.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 10:45 am
Spirituality?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 10:57 am
Cyracuz wrote:
Spirituality?

What is spirituality without the myth of religions

There are hundreds of religions, large and small on this planet. With each believing that they have the ear of God. Imagine the babel rising to heaven coming from them :wink:
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 10:59 am
Spirituality without the myths of religion is the study of the self. Buddhism is an example. It's not a religion. It's more related to philosophy.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 02:44 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
He may be a Muslim but I do have to say it, he shows more respect for the Lord than quite a few on this forum do.

Everyone has the right to what they believe. But remember, others have the right to not like it.

And I guess I will never fully understand how people will claim not to even believe in God (generalization there) but yet hang out in a Spirituality and Religion Forum. Kind of illogical to me.

Because they enjoy poking fun and mocking us.

To those who do not believe, the life of this world is painted in glowing colors and they laugh at those who believe. But on the Day of Resurrection, those who fear [and respect] Allah will be over them. Allah provides for whoever He wills, without any reckoning. (Surat al-Baqara, 212)
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 07:02 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:

Because they enjoy poking fun and mocking us.

To those who do not believe, the life of this world is painted in glowing colors and they laugh at those who believe. But on the Day of Resurrection, those who fear [and respect] Allah will be over them. Allah provides for whoever He wills, without any reckoning. (Surat al-Baqara, 212)

This is hardly surprising....You each have an imaginary friend that you are convinced is real..... each of you would "respect" the other's belief in One True God. . (When it suits you, you like to pretend you are talking about the same friend, even though each of you think the other has been led far from the path of the "truth".)

Those of us who see you living your lives for the sake of your imaginary friends,may afford you about as much respect as you deserve....about the same level we afford people who think they are Elvis reborn....and as for your imaginary friend...why would we tip toe around his feelings if he doesn't even exist ???
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 09:13 pm
Eorl wrote:
This is hardly surprising....You each have an imaginary friend that you are convinced is real..... each of you would "respect" the other's belief in One True God. . (When it suits you, you like to pretend you are talking about the same friend, even though each of you think the other has been led far from the path of the "truth".)

Make no mistake Eorl, I do not now nor have I ever claimed or pretended that Allah and the God I serve to be one in the same. They are not. What I was referring to is the fact that Raul, even though Muslims do not believe Jesus to be God, still showed him more respect than others on this thread.

And you can call God imaginary, a purple horse, whatever you want, it will never change the fact that He exists and is exactly as He says He is. Whether you accept that or not, of course, is entirely up to you. It makes no difference to me and my life; however, it does make a great deal of difference in your life according to the Bible.

Quote:
Those of us who see you living your lives for the sake of your imaginary friends,may afford you about as much respect as you deserve....about the same level we afford people who think they are Elvis reborn....and as for your imaginary friend...why would we tip toe around his feelings if he doesn't even exist ???

Try reading Galatians 6:6-9. It will give you a very clear indication of why you should, as you say, "tiptoe around his feelings."

By the way, nice to see you again Eorl. How have you been?
0 Replies