Is it an insult to say a fat man is fat?

cjhsa

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 01:45 pm
So you're a ham smuggler eh? Laughing
0 Replies

skeptical

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 11:31 am
*jumps into discussion*

I detest the word "fat" because of what it does to people. I have this friend at school Sad and her family calls her fat all the time, and tells her she can't wear dresses, becuase she's too fat, but the thing is, she isn't fat! She has a tad more weight than most, but she isn't fat. I just hate to see people put down because of weight. I don't like people pointing out when you're skinny either...people always say to me "You're so skinny! You need to eat more!" I eat plenty, I have a healthy diet, no one needs to tell me I'm skinny.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 06:48 pm
skeptical wrote:
I don't like people pointing out when you're skinny either...people always say to me "You're so skinny! You need to eat more!" I eat plenty, I have a healthy diet, no one needs to tell me I'm skinny.

Yeah, it swings both ways. I get called skinny all the time, but I'm actually the ideal weight for my height.

I can eat till I fall asleep, but I have such a fast metabolism, that I'll wake up hungry four hours later.

I used the "fat" word in my thread about smoking and obesity, mainly because using "obese" five times in one paragraph looks strange, and I absolutely detest the term "weight challenged".

Sorry 'bout that. Embarrassed

I'm wondering how many people end up with eating disorders as a direct result of what people say to them, even in jest?

An earlier girlfriend of mine ended up with anorexia nervosa. It was so sad to watch her wasting away. Her father refused to recognise that she had a problem, insisting on calling her "my big girl", when the reality was, she had dropped down to forty kilograms, and looked pale and sick.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 06:50 pm
patiodog wrote:
That's a line well-drawn, you wrinkled toothless sheepshagger.

You look like Henry Kissinger's scrotum in a hat.

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 07:08 pm
Glad you enjoyed it.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 07:11 pm
patiodog wrote:
Glad you enjoyed it.

I had a bad day, I needed a laugh!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 10:44:27