Is it an insult to say a fat man is fat?

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:18 pm
Linkat wrote:
patiodog wrote:
Quote:
Literature demeans someone as evil or grotesque, not by describing them as thin, but nearly always an evil fat slobs with fat lips, fat fingers, greasy fat oozing evil and degradation.

http://www.wavecrest.org.uk/wavecrest/Quest%20tease%2010_files/image007.jpg

I'm neither grotesque or a fat slob!

I'm I kind of beautiful evil.

Satan comes as an angel of light....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:36 pm
As long as he doesn't come on the good sofa, that's fine with me.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 05:32 am
I'm not a fat pig, I'm NOT a fat pig.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 05:55 am
time to bring some true intellectual insight to this thread

from Homer:

"I'm not fat, it's glandular"

http://www.slashfood.com/images/2005/09/homer.jpg
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 04:06 pm
So who is going to be the first volunteer to put on a 300 pound fat suit to walk in a fat person's shoes and tell us all how beneficial it is to have so many "helpful" people telling you in numerous creative ways how fat you are and that you disgust them?

Don't be bashful, just raise your hand. You'll be able to take the fat suit off after a month if the zipper doesn't jam.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 04:45 pm
hey, i could stand to lose easily 20 pounds if not more

say what you want i could care less
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 05:01 pm
djjd62 wrote:
hey, i could stand to lose easily 20 pounds if not more

Then why are you still sitting down?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 05:12 pm
Well, I think that's rather obvious, sturgis. He can't get off his fat patootie. :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 05:13 pm
hey

whats wrong with us fluffy people?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 07:13 am
**sigh** The debate on the word "fat" will rage on.

The debate on smokers has been closed; people hate smokers and can publicly ridicule them and that's ok.

My problem is that we can't even discriminate fairly.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 07:36 am
Butrflynet wrote:
So who is going to be the first volunteer to put on a 300 pound fat suit to walk in a fat person's shoes and tell us all how beneficial it is to have so many "helpful" people telling you in numerous creative ways how fat you are and that you disgust them?

Don't be bashful, just raise your hand. You'll be able to take the fat suit off after a month if the zipper doesn't jam.

which assures that that isn't a good method of "walking in someones shoes". If you can't take the comments all you have to do is slip out of the suit.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 01:58 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:

which assures that that isn't a good method of "walking in someones shoes". If you can't take the comments all you have to do is slip out of the suit.

Unless that zipper jammed and no matter what you do, you can't get that suit off now.

It's quite a good method. If you're able to, and don't like the comments, remove the fat suit. Now you know what it feels like being in that suit and how better to encourage someone rather than criticize them.

Hopefully, the zipper will jam and you'll be forced to find out what it feels like to keep struggling to remove it, but not be able to without drastic efforts with a knife.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 03:15 pm
butrfly, I agree that someone walking around in a fat suit would give that person an idea of what it's like to be overweight. However, even if the suit couldn't be removed, this person would still know that he or she isn't fat. So the outward unpleasantness would be there, and the understanding would be there. But the bottom line is that the person in the suit can still tell himself (or herself), "I'm not really fat." A different perspective and lacking the psychological pain.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 06:19 pm
2PacksAday wrote:
Butterbean!!!!

Butterbean looks like he needs a bra!!!

http://www.jklawyer.net/blog/butterbean%2520punch.jpg
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 11:31 am
It's called a Bro!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 11:47 am
Bella Dea wrote:

Umm yeah, thats kind of the point. :wink:

(If it'd be fair, it wouldnt be discrimination..)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 11:49 am
nimh wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

Umm yeah, thats kind of the point. :wink:

(If it'd be fair, it wouldnt be discrimination..)

That was sort of my point too....an oxymoron if you will.
0 Replies

Cobbler

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 12:21 pm
I think it's an insult if you did it with negative intention. I also think it is not good if you don't think about what you are saying before you say it. For example, saying..

"You're fat, so you shouldn't buy that shirt."

Is alot worse than saying..

"You're a little overweight, maybe we can workout together for a while, then come back and buy that shirt."
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 12:36 pm
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/5/57/180px-Deuel.jpg

Who you callin' fat? It's genetics! I'll chew you up and spit you out! Well, maybe I'll spit you out, maybe not...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 12:57 pm
Cobbler wrote:
"You're fat, so you shouldn't buy that shirt."

Is alot worse than saying..

"You're a little overweight, maybe we can workout together for a while, then come back and buy that shirt."

Umm.. am I the only one who'd find that patronising **** of the second sentence actually a lot worse? I mean, the sheer condescension! Like they think you're some kind of fool! Yuck yuck yuck.

I'm too thin rather than too fat, no less an issue, but Id sure f*ckin prefer "You're too thin, you shouldnt buy that shirt" from a friend over "You have a very slight build right now, but maybe we can work out together for a while and then come back to buy that shirt"! Jesus, I'm not an idiot, who do you think you are, my mom? And I'll definitely not let you use this shopping trip to pressure me into working out the way you think I should. Sheesh.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 12:59:58