THE BRITISH THREAD II

izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 01:52 am
@McTag,
Have you any idea how much money the British taxpayer is coughing up to keep that young lady in her opulent lfestyle? A flash of her norks is the very least we should get in return. Fair's fair. (I don't think the French should be allowed to see them though.)

McTag

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 03:12 pm

Di Maria, magic. City were lucky to keep the score close.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 08:46 am
@izzythepush,

Norks?

The norks of the duchess are modest and small
One might almost say they are scarce there at all
Itie paparazzi have come for a look
And decided she might be mistook for the duke.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 08:55 am
@McTag,
spendius

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 08:58 am
@izzythepush,
Cheating!!
izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 01:38 pm
@spendius,
No it's not, that piece of film is the very reason I used the word 'norks,' as opposed to any other.
spendius

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 05:25 pm
@izzythepush,
I could take a piece of film of you and dub a voice-over saying that the Palestinians should be run in to the sea.

It's cheating. Those who made that piece of **** should be run off TV. The sooner the better.
McTag

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 12:56 am
@spendius,

Spendy, you're never stuck for an opinion.

Johnny Morris (was it he?) made a whole career out of making up dialogue for film of zoo animals.
And there is a very funny short film series available, using dubbed animals in imagined conversations..

"Alan!"

So your criticism is nobbut eyewash.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 01:05 am
@spendius,
You could, but it wouldn't be funny.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 04:25 am
@McTag,

If you've got five minutes, this is funny. Creative, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7798h1siNO8
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 02:56 am
@McTag,
Hillsborough

Quote:
the victims were crushed by Liverpool fans, arriving late, liquored up, and out of control.

After reading David Conn's excellent piece in The Guardian this week, I would like to retract that.

Apparently this section of the ground was known to be, and had been widely reported as being, quite unsafe, in respect of gradients in the tunnel, unsuitability of the turnstiles and of the crush barriers, and addition of pens which exacerbated a bad situation.

Sheffield Wednesday FC did nothing to improve the ground layout after a similar earlier incident, and there was no safety certificate in place for the ground. Knowing this, the FA still accepted the application to hold a cup semi-final there.

The police of course knew how the fans would behave. An incident on the M62 motorway earlier was responsible for most of the late arrival of traffic from the west. Yes, boisterousness and anti-social behaviour can be expected from any large travelling football support, but the police did not cope well with that. Instead, their actions in opening the gate was the worst thing they could have done in the circumstances.

So what next? A class action against SWFC, the FA and South Yorkshire Police? Liverpool-based spokespersons last week were careful to avoid uttering the word "compensation", I noticed.

the prince

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 03:14 am
@McTag,
In london Sunday night, but only for a few hours Sad(
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 10:36 am
@the prince,
Enjoy Heathrow Wink
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 10:36 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Better than any Eurosion song ...
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 12:35 pm
@the prince,
the prince wrote:

In london Sunday night, but only for a few hours Sad(

Sounds a bit like me. I'll be in London (blah! Heathrow only) for 5 hours in 2 weeks and then for 12 hours at the end of the October. At least then I'll get out of the airport. Hampton Court Palace anyone?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 01:53 pm
Channel 4 news did a bit on jokey responses to the waitrose Twitter page. I shop in Waitrose because....

My favourite was, I once heard a dad say 'Put the papaya down Orlando.'
McTag

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 01:54 pm
@Walter Hinteler,

Will you foreigners stop being so silly. This is a serious British thread, about royal tits and official murders.

Wink
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 02:05 pm
@izzythepush,
We've been in the Waitrose in Wimborne Minster. (The missus for the first time ever in a Waitrose.) There's just this shop ... but you had to pay for parking.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 01:20 pm
What's so special about Waitrose?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 01:36 pm
@margo,
I wonder, too. It's just an upmarket place ... Wink