Privacy Report: Restricted Web Sites

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 08:39 am
Just lately, when I go to a certain forum site it takes forever to open each page. No matter what the function I have to wait and wait. Then I noticed a new icon at the bottom of the screen. Clicked on, it gave this privacy report: "Based on your privacy settings, some cookies were restricted or blocked.
Restricted web sites..." Here it gave the Abuzz URL.
No other listing. Apparently that site has become so riddled with security lapses that it is unsafe to visit any longer. I unsubscribed and wiped it off of my list of favorites. I wonder if any hold-out members from a2k have noticed any of this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,488 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 08:46 am
Well, edgar, I suppose, this could happen with any other website: it just depends on how you set your security in the browser. (Since I allow those cookies, I've no problems at all.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 08:51 am
I still visit there safely two or three times a day. Security here, and at work, don't indicate any security problems with the site.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 08:56 am
Strange it's the only place I get that warning from. Could it be somebody has tried to target me from there and partially succeeded?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 09:17 am
No. It's your browser's security settings. If you're using IE, click Tools->Internet Options->Security to change it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 10:05 am
I started to change it, but I felt that if it's just the one site being targeted I might better leave it alone.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 10:10 am
edgar, you're the one that's targeting the site with your settings.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 10:11 am
I've just looked at Abuzz & I do not get any security warnings. I think you've somehow accidentally added abuzz to your list of restricted websites. If you're using Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options. From the window that opens, click the Security tab near the top. Click the Restricted Sites icon, then the Sites button. From there remove abuzz.com.

That should take care of the unnessesary warning. Let me know if you have any problems.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 10:13 am
Well - I know how to change it. I just wanted to be extra careful. Thanks, all of you. Adios while I go back to Abuzz for a while. I just don't get abused enough naywhere else.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 10:20 pm
Monger - I went to the restricted sites icon. It said "No sites are in this zone."
0 Replies