• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 423 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 10:42 am
What?

A stone, long before you throw it, is a "mental structure" that is formed in the mind of the perciever.

Since you put "literal concept" up against abstract concepts I take that you mean concepts that are the oposite of abstract?

There is only one problem. ALL concepts are abstracts.

Btw,
I googled your nickname, cob, and a quick search revealed that you post your drivel in at least ten different forums, not counting A2K. After some checking I discovered that you recieve the same answers everywhere; basically that you are wrong, that you misuse words and definitions, that your claims fly in the face of established scientific fact... The list is endless.

Then why, I wonder, do you still continue to believe that you are right? You are worse than the most zealous theist I've ever come across in your denial of reality. It's really beyond comprehension.
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 12:17 pm
Crracuz

It is a dirty job but some one must save the world from itself. I shall fight ignorance and evil, world wide, one post at a time.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 12:19 pm
Hah!

That is like Hitler saying "I will fight nazism".
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 03:29 pm
C

That really hurts.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 05:38 pm
Sorry about that, cob. I do not wish to hurt your feelings.

I am only saying that in the face of critisism you seem to turn a blind eye more often than not, and when confronted with the possibility that your truths are of non-science, and not really applickable anywhere you remain unfazed by it, posting the same thoughts over and over again as if they will become true just by sheer exposure.

Thing is that while ignorance is not preferred, it might still be the wiser choice over false knowledge and misinterpreted information.
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 04:47 am
Cyracuz wrote:
Sorry about that, cob. I do not wish to hurt your feelings.

I am only saying that in the face of critisism you seem to turn a blind eye more often than not, and when confronted with the possibility that your truths are of non-science, and not really applickable anywhere you remain unfazed by it, posting the same thoughts over and over again as if they will become true just by sheer exposure.

Thing is that while ignorance is not preferred, it might still be the wiser choice over false knowledge and misinterpreted information.

More is learned through error than through apathy.

We have learned from infancy on, that the way to self-esteem is not to rock the boat. But it is boat rockers that we badly need. We must learn how to become confident in reason, and to become confident in our judgment, and to recognize that those who support the status quo will always oppose enlightenment and change.

The status quo requires no critical thought, and no confidence in reason, and no self-reliance. Those who are capable of such things must always recognize that most people are waiting to accept their role that others determine for them. Of course we must recognize that people hate change. The problem is to bring them along slowly so they do not recognize anything as change.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 02:50 pm
So you want to herd people into the knowledge that they should not allow themselves to be herded?

From where I'm standing, the true barrier and the thing maintaining the status quo is mainly fear.

We invent ways to battle enemies, never realizing that enemies are manifestations of fear. We can eliminate as many enemies we want, but our fears will always manifest in new ones. So until we can eliminate fear in our hearts things will never change.
0 Replies