Strange Occurrence

roger

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 08:24 am
Seriously, Bella, I can relate to that.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 08:26 am
I think a lot of people do it with moms.

I truly believe there is a connection between mother and child.

Maybe I'm nuts.

No one has ever accused me of being normal....
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 10:24 am
Chai wrote:
rosborne...that reminds me of when they interview a celebrity and his/her friend and family.

So many times it's "Ever since she was a little girl, Debbie always said that someday she'd be a star"

What about all the people that say that and never even get a role in the school play? I'd guess the ratio is about 1,396,278 to 1.

People are remarkably bad at intuitively evaluating the probability of coincidence.

Just as people are prone to 'see' faces in abstract forms, they are also prone to see patterns where sometimes none exist.

How often have we heard people complain loudly about 'hitting all the red lights', but never heard them purr with pleasure for gliding through a green. Selective memory distorts the data.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 10:48 am
I'll bet the chances would be a lot better if someone said "I'm gonna become a crack head".
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 11:08 am
Chai wrote:
You guys just stop it!

You're all starting to scare me with all this supernatural stuff.

You know what though, I was looking at the calendar, and I notice that ever 4 years February has an extra day.

Every....single...4th....year.....

Now how am I supposed to sleep tonight?

You think THAT's freaky?

This year February and March are EXACTLY the same. Look at em. The days have the same dates! Shocked
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 11:31 am
What Ros refers to is known in statistics as the fallacy of the enumeration of favorable circumstances.

I estimate that in my life, 1200 people have attempted to guess my "sign of the zodiac." What's really creepy is that 100 of them got it right ! ! !
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 11:40 am
Ros' red lights remark made me laugh. Traffic engineers design traffic lights to control traffic. As an example, because i drove it so often, i discovered that if one left the west side of Columbus, Ohio, driving east on
Broad Street, it was only necessary to accelerate to just past the posted speed limit, and then drop back to the posted speed limit when leaving a light which had just turned green, to hit all the traffic lights on the green. That is, until one reached Georgesville Road, Wilson Road, Sylvan Avenue, Hague Avenue and Central Avenue. Surprise, surprise--all the streets named above are major north-south thoroughfares, and the traffic engineers intended that the major east-west thoroughfare of Broad Street should have its traffic routinely stopped at the these major roads. Otherwise, the heavy Broad Street traffic would have dominated traffic flow patterns.

Are people really so dense that they don't understand the work of traffic engineers? Do they really think that traffic lights follow an arcane and random pattern which can act against them? Usually, when i meet people who complain about traffic lights, i'm talking to someone who burns out at a green light, and roars at speeds well above the posted limit to the next traffic light--which is inevitably red, and stops them, thank Dog . . .
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 11:53 am
Sometimes something will be missing, and then out of the blue I have, like this vision or something, where I see myself putting it somewhere, and I'll look, and the missing object will be there, exactly like in my vision!

This has happened to me too many times to be coincidence.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 11:55 am
Speaking of traffic lights and karma, the other day I drove to the market to get the usual milk, eggs, cheez-its and reeses cup. I drove all the way to the market hitting every light green. When leaving the market to head home I felt a bad case of hersey squirts coming on but thought "what the hell, I will hit all the lights green and be home in a flash. Boy was I wrong, I hit every light just turning red, made it to my driveway and leaving the truck door open I flew into the house unbuckling my pants as I ran.
Not that's just bad karma, really bad karma.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 12:07 pm
Slightly off topic, but when I pulled my toast out of the toaster this morning... There was the spittin' image of Charles Nelson Reilly.

I kid you not.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 01:05 pm
OMG Surprised

My oatmeal looked like Paul Lynde!

Do you think this is some kind of supernatural connection between "Match Game" and "Hollywood Squares"?

http://filmguide.wikia.com/images/thumb/2/2e/CharlesNReilly.jpg/250px-CharlesNReilly.jpghttp://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/Michaelnla/-LyndePaul.jpg
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 01:22 pm
There's a smudge on my monitor that looks just like Catwoman!
Oh, wait a minute.
Never mind.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 02:15 pm
One time I spilled coffee on my laptop and
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 03:01 pm
cjhsa wrote:
One time I spilled coffee on my laptop and

How do you keep a moron in suspense.........?

I'll tell you in a minute Twisted Evil
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 03:23 pm
Or just not take off the catsuit.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 03:47 pm
Re: Strange Occurrence
lovelymitchangel wrote:
In the fall of 1997 when my mother and I came home from school- when we checked the answering machine that day the answering machine tape was gone. She was wondering what happened to the tape and she thought I took it. A few days later I found the tape under the bed. (The answering machine is located in her bedroom- on a nightstand next to the bed) When I put the tape back into the answering machine- when I played it- the messages (including the outgoing message) in the tape were gone! What is the explanation of this- is this a supernatural occurrence?

Yes. Definitely a supernatural occurance. No doubt about it.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 09:37 pm
I looked up in the sky the other day and saw a UFO, a flying object that I could not identify. Wierd.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 09:41 pm
Well, what was it, JL?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 09:48 pm
An unidentified object silly.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 05:56 am
I knew that you were going to answer roger's question JL,, is this getting weirder ?
I called someone yesterday and, he wasnt there. NOW WAIT A MINUTE! A bout an hour later LATER, his name appeared on my cell phone phone.
0 Replies