Finding information on past jobs?

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 12:45 pm
Hey all,

I'm wrapping up my paperwork to finalize the application for admittance to the New York Bar, and I realized there is a major stumbling block that I have to get past!

One part of the application requires information on EVERY job I've ever had since I was 21 years old! Considering that I'm nearly ten years past my 21st birthday, and that I went through a phase where I bounced from job to job before I started law school, I am drawing a TOTAL BLANK on the dates of when I worked at certain places!

Have any of you attorneys had this problem? Did you deal with it in any particular way? I've called some of my former jobs, and they don't even have me on file there anymore, and the former bosses I worked for are long gone.

Hence, They have no memory of when I was there, former bosses are gone, and I can't remember details about those temporary jobs for the life of me! Shocked
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 771 • Replies: 3
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 01:06 pm
I had more trouble trying to track down all of the addresses at which I had resided over the previous ten years. Fortunately, I had that information recorded in various places so I could piece it all together.

Do you keep W-2 forms for past years? That would help. Otherwise, I'd suggest you simply do the best you can with the names and dates. If you can't remember the address, at least include the city and state. I'm sure the state bar runs into that all the time: they just want to make sure you weren't working for some mob-related front company.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 03:18 pm
If you can't find details, can anyone else verify?

The W-2 thing makes sense. Other than that seems like you can just make your best guess, who's going to say you're wrong? (And if you can come up with a who, talk to the who.)
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 11:09 am
sozobe wrote:
If you can't find details, can anyone else verify?

The W-2 thing makes sense. Other than that seems like you can just make your best guess, who's going to say you're wrong? (And if you can come up with a who, talk to the who.)

Yeah, good call on the W-2 aspect of the search.
I'm finding information from checking all sorts of stuff from my past. I guess I'll figure it out eventually. Thanks for the tip!
0 Replies