Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 06:00 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 391 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 05:58 pm
A growing number of young people spend an increasing amount of time in solitude, stimulated by videogames. The healthiness of this trend is ever debated.

I agree that a little peace and quiet can go a long way towards finding one's center. I also agree that the world around us is so loud, we ourselves are so loud at times, that it's hard to really hear anything.

Sometimes the greatest treasures are found when we aren't even looking. And when we are looking, we have a sense of what to look for. What goes unnoticed because of this?
If we wish to end ignorance within ourselves, how can we then rely on ourselves to break out of it? How can we trust that the informaton we consciously seek is the information we need?

I say forget the self. Forget all attempts to find answers, because if we start with ignorance, how can we uncover anything but ignorance? Don't try, don't do, just be. Then mysteries begin to unveil, and we are presented with answers to questions we didn't even know we were asking. That is the path to true understanding.

Put away your books,cob. And stop flooding us with quotes and paraphrasings. Just sit down, and try not to think about anything but your breathing, because all these thoughts you import from all around you are what's keeping you from hearing your own mind.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 06:09 pm
http://www.dailymotion.com/bisonravi1987/nostalgie/video/xiywe_barbara-la-solitude
0 Replies