Fantasy baseball time again!

kermit

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 04:12 pm
I can't believe it's time to prepare for fantasy baseball drafts already. I really can't get enough of it...I'm always sad when the season ends. I do about 4 leagues, 3 CBS Sportsline, which I really like because of the live scoring, and 1 on ESPN, which we pay for and it stinks anyways but I have no control.

Who else here is fantasy baseball guru? I think Papelbon is the sleeper of the year. A lot of people won't be big on him because of the switch to starter, but I bet he's a Cy Young contender if he stays healthy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 838 • Replies: 13
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 04:19 pm
We did a league last year, it was great fun. http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=68734
I'm sure we'll be doing it again this year.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 10:41 am
I think Yahoo fantasy baseball starts Feb 15th. I'll set up a league again if everyone is interested. So get your mock drafts in order people... this year I'm going to be tough to beat!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 03:24 pm
and

uh

where have YOU been ?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 05:37 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
I think Yahoo fantasy baseball starts Feb 15th. I'll set up a league again if everyone is interested. So get your mock drafts in order people... this year I'm going to be tough to beat!

Count me in on A2K fantasy ball again -- we should make a new thread. shewolf, c'mon, join us (last year I was the lone female).
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 07:18 pm
2005 A2K Fantasy Baseball Champion: Dangling Carrots. Manager: fbaezer

2006 A2K Fantasy Baseball Champion: F.Y.R. of P.C.D. (Former Yugoslav Republic of Past Cellar Dwellers). Manager: fbaezer.

2007 A2K Fantasy Baseball Champion: (Just started to think about the name). Manager: fbaezer
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 12:04 pm
Not this year, fbaezer. This year I'm not going to let you sneak up on me again.

What do you think about the season? Stick with the head to head option?

Also, I am going to look into making it a keeper league... I'll let you know if it is an option.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 08:57 pm
jes wrote:
we should make a new thread.

arf!
is this thread not new enough for ya, dolling?? Razz
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 09:08 pm
My personal vote is against the keeper league (seems to me it needs more in-depth into baseball), but I'll obey the majority.

And I don't care if it's rotisserie or head-to-head (but I prefer that once a decision is taken, we stick to it).

Rotisserie has the advantage that everyone plays the whole season, but overall movements in the standings are scarse after the first few weeks. Head-to-Head leads to more interaction (and the underdog sneaking into the finals Laughing ), but tends to rely more on luck (the tough team had a lousy week and you get the points playing mediocre ball) and shrewd roster changes than on a good basic team.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 05:08 am
Don't matter to me one way or the other, I just wanna play. And yeah -- da t'read is good. The Puppies will emerge victorious. We've been eating a lot of cheese lately.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 11:43 am
Does a Saturday or Sunday work best for a live draft?

Perhaps around 2pm CST?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 06:23 pm
Long as we can make selections in advance, it doesn't matter to me.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 05:04 pm
Count me in. Last year I was doing well until I went on vacation for 3 weeks. But that was a rookie manager mistake. This year I won't commit the same error. Mad

Looking forward to it.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 07:07 am
Hey Pantalones,

Go here for sign up info: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91497

Good to see you back for another year!
0 Replies