When is Luigi's Birthday?

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 10:31 pm
People know when Mario's birthday is-but when is Luigi's birthday?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 14,892 • Replies: 11
No top replies

timberbranch

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 08:26 am
I was under the impression they were twins, seperated at birth.

Mario lived in Vienna, until his folks moved to the lower-east side. Luigi actually lived in Austria for a short time with his uncle Vito, working at the family bread market. They were reunited in 1982 on a construction site, both hired as the swing shift clean-up crew, popping turtles and ducks from the girders below, and collecting as much loose change they could grab.

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/750/750161/mario-bros-virtual-console-20061208033325847-000.jpg

T Cool
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2007 04:13 pm
I read elsewhere Nov. 16 is Luigi's birthday. How come his birthday's not widely celebrated?
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 01:07 pm
November 16 is the 320th day of the year (321st in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar, with 45 days remaining.

Learn more about November 16th here
0 Replies

Twigs

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 12:36 am
Mario gets all the attention, and quite frankly, I think thats BS. Luigi and Mario have identical attributes in almost every video game that they're in. We should celebrate November 16th as a national holiday.
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 08:38 am
Agreed.

I never imagined, playing Donkey Kong at age 12, that Mario would spin off and have so many titles. Even that spin off had spin offs ... Yoshi's Cookie? How did Yoshi get his own show? Is he someone's nephew or something?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b7/YoshiMP8.png/200px-YoshiMP8.png

Yoshi went on to star in four more adventure games (Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Safari, Yoshi's Story, and Yoshi's Island DS) and three puzzle games (Yoshi's Cookie, the simply-titled Yoshi, and Tetris Attack).
0 Replies

Twigs

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 02:55 pm
Yoshi's Island is, until this day, one of my favorite video games ever...
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 02:59 pm
timberbranch wrote:
I was under the impression they were twins, seperated at birth.

Mario lived in Vienna, until his folks moved to the lower-east side. Luigi actually lived in Austria for a short time with his uncle Vito, working at the family bread market. They were reunited in 1982 on a construction site, both hired as the swing shift clean-up crew, popping turtles and ducks from the girders below, and collecting as much loose change they could grab.

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/750/750161/mario-bros-virtual-console-20061208033325847-000.jpg

T Cool

Hi-they are twins. They were re-designed after the American version of SMB II so that they'd be easier to tell apart.
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 03:00 pm
I was grooving on the Mario Kart for awhile... and when Mario went 3d for the N64, there were nights where I just didn't go to sleep. Gotta beat the big boss before the sun comes up.

The big questions is: If Donkey Kong was a flop at the arcade, would there ever have been a Yoshi ?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 03:01 pm
timberbranch wrote:
Agreed.

I never imagined, playing Donkey Kong at age 12, that Mario would spin off and have so many titles. Even that spin off had spin offs ... Yoshi's Cookie? How did Yoshi get his own show? Is he someone's nephew or something?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b7/YoshiMP8.png/200px-YoshiMP8.png

Yoshi went on to star in four more adventure games (Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Safari, Yoshi's Story, and Yoshi's Island DS) and three puzzle games (Yoshi's Cookie, the simply-titled Yoshi, and Tetris Attack).

I was obsessed with Super Mario Bros. when I was 12-14 years old.

There are more Mario-related spin-offs than Pac-Man.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 03:49 pm
timberbranch wrote:
I was grooving on the Mario Kart for awhile... and when Mario went 3d for the N64, there were nights where I just didn't go to sleep. Gotta beat the big boss before the sun comes up.

The big questions is: If Donkey Kong was a flop at the arcade, would there ever have been a Yoshi ?

Donkey Kong helped put Mario on the map. If there was no Donkey Kong there'd be no Mario Bros., or Super Mario Bros., or any other Mario-related game that followed.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 07:03 pm
Luigi's Birthday is March 16.
0 Replies